Start a new topic

Wikitudeview does not get deallocated

Wikitudeview does not get deallocated

Hey I have the same problem as others who posted on this forum:

Here is what I asked on Stackoverflow about it and what I found out so far:

(http://stackoverflow.com/questions/36998351/wikitude-sdk-detected-multiple-sdk-allocations)

Hey I have created an `objective-C` storyboard app in `Xcode`. I do have a `navigation` and I am able to switch to different views with that. The view I leave gets `deallocated` except the view I use for my Augmented Reality experience. The view is mostly copied from here:

https://github.com/Wikitude/wikitude-sdk-basic-projects/blob/master/iOS/AugmentedRealityApplication/ViewController.m

The Error I get is the following:

> 2016-04-28 14:43:00.612 CPBVOCA ----------------- Wikitude SDK DETECTED MULTIPLE SDK ALLOCATIONS -----------------

> 2016-04-28 14:43:00.613 CPBVOCA A second object of type WTArchitectView was created while the previous one was not deallocated.

> 2016-04-28 14:43:00.613 CPBVOCA If this behaviour was not intended (multiple architect views at the same time), The WTArchitectView didn't got a call to dealloc.

> 2016-04-28 14:43:00.613 CPBVOCA There might be a strong reference to a WTArchitectView objects captured in a block, e.g. in a NSNotificationCenter -addObserverForName:object:queue:usingBlock: method call.

> 2016-04-28 14:43:00.614 CPBVOCA To disable this check (including the call to abort()), simply set the environment variable 'WTSDKDisableDeallocValidation' to YES.

I have already made a weak reference to self (as suggested here http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9219030/dealloc-not-being-called-on-arc-app) by creating the following in the header file :

ARViewController.h

@property (nonatomic, weak) UIViewController <WTArchitectViewDelegate> *weakSelf;

I did also replace the reference inside the `viewDidLoad` function:

ARViewController.m

-(void)viewDidLoad{

_weakSelf = self;

//self.architectView.delegate = self;

self.architectView.delegate = _weakSelf;

}

But the problem still persists. What prevents the view from getting `deallocated`?

?:

I think I found the Problem:

there are 2 obeservers created for the notification center which references the ArchitectView

;

;

Where do I remove those 2 observers since `dealloc` does not get called if they are still registered?

In your github example those 2 observers are removed via the dealloc but this does not really work. If I don't use those 2 notifications the App will run just fine and it will dealloc the view.

The 2 Observers are needed to stop and start the scanner when the camera permission pops up.

Hope you can help me out on that one.

Ok I finally found a solution. I need to keep a close eye on those 2 observers and kill / restart them on viewDidDisappear and viewWillAppear. I **do not** register the observers during viewDidLoad.

My Header does look like this now:

ARViewController.h

#import <UIKit/UIKit.h>

#import <WikitudeSDK/WikitudeSDK.h>

@interface ARViewController : UIViewController <WTArchitectViewDelegate>

- (IBAction)leftButtonClick:(id)sender;

@property (nonatomic, weak) IBOutlet WTArchitectView  *architectView;

@property (nonatomic, weak) WTNavigation              *architectWorldNavigation;

@property (nonatomic, weak) UIViewController <WTArchitectViewDelegate> *weakSelf;

@property (nonatomic, weak) id observer1;

@property (nonatomic, weak) id observer2;

@end

ARViewController.m

- (void)dealloc

{

;

;

}

- (void)viewWillAppear:(BOOL)animated {

;

// handle interruption

_observer1 = ;

_observer2 = ;

;

}

- (void)viewDidDisappear:(BOOL)animated {

;

NSLog(@"viewDidDisappear...");

;

;

;

}

Hi Dietmar,

You can also define a __weak ARViewController *weakSelf = self; outside of the notification block and use weakSelf inside the notification block. That should work as well.

Maybe this link helps as well.

Best regards,

Andreas

Login or Signup to post a comment