Start a new topic

Unity and 3D Tracking issue

Unity and 3D Tracking issue

Hi,

I have problems to get the 3D tracking feature running in Unity. I made my own 3D map (with the native example app, tracking quality: "good") and saved it in the Streaming Assets folder. I checked the 3D Tracking checkbox in my Client Tracker Game Object and selected my target (see screenshot attached). When I test the scene, my trackable never shows up. The "OnEnterFieldOfVision" event never fires. Is there something I forgot?

Thanks for help!

Hi, 

Everything seems to be fine. Can you please subscribe to the events on the client tracker and see if the success event is fired (OnTrackerFinishedLoading) or if there are any errors (OnTrackerLoadingError)?

Thank you,
Alexandru

Yes, "OnTrackerFinishedLoading" is fired. Maybe there's something wrong with my 3D map.

Hi, 

After you recorded the map, could you track with it? In the sample, after the indicator turns green (Good), it saves the map and starts tracking with it. Did that work?

Also, please make sure that the environment you are recording is appropriate for tracking (link). Additionally, you can modify the sample to record even after the indicator turns green, which will improve the quality of the map.

Best regards,
Alexandru

When recording the map in the sample, the tracking works. But as soon as I pre-record a map (following the tracking guidelines) and use it in my own scene, without the Tracking map recorder, it doesn't work anymore. The map is loaded successfully, but it is never recognized.

Maybe it is helpful, if I describe the setup of my scene (see screenshot attached):

- I have a "Client Tracker" game object with the ClientTracker script, where the .wtm File is defined. "OnTrackerFinishedLoading" is called successfully.
- "Trackable" with the TrackableBehaviour Script. I defined that OnEnterFieldOfVision activates this one:
- "3DObjectToAppear", that contains the "ToggleTrackable" script, some custom scripts and the geometry to show.

But still, 3D Tracking does not work. The Tracker is loaded, but the 3D object never appears. The same scene works perfectly with normal and extended tracking.

Hi, 

Sorry for the long delay. We have found an issue with this in our plugin and it will be fixed in the next update. Thank you for your report. Until the issue is resolved, you can try to use 2d tracking to prototype your application and switch back to 3d after the update. We do not plan any major changes to the interface, so switching shouldn't pose to many issues. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,
Alexandru

Thanks for your effort! Looking forward to the update :-)

Just because I am curious: Can you say when the update is available?

Hi,

I'm sorry, but I cannot give an exact timeframe right now. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,
Alexandru
Login or Signup to post a comment