Start a new topic

Compass bearing is off 90 to 180 degrees

Compass bearing is off 90 to 180 degrees

Hello Yonatan,

Can you please provide with some further information such as

- Which version of the SDK are you using?
- Are you using any of our Extensions (Titanium, Cordova, Xamarin, Unity)? If yes, which version are you using?
- What device does this happen with (os Version and model)?

There was an issue with compass inaccuracies with the first SDK 5.0 release, but that was solved with a later bugfix release.

Thanks
Eva

Hi Nicola

We installed the wikitude sample app on various devices and tested the compass in various situations.

While Google navigate show correct directions, wikitude is losing the north very often...

I confirm that most of the time the direction is 90 to 180 degrees wrong.

Do you plan to solve this problem?

We are interested in buying the license to the SDK,

But this is a crucial feature .

Thanks

Yonatan Omer

I've experienced the same issues.

My radar's north always points somewhere different on versions > 5.

My screen used to freeze when I loaded too many different kinds of images while displaying POIs.

I'll try downgrading to SDK 4.1.1 while the current version is being fixed, because it seens to be more stable.

Also: this is not a device problem, since other applications like Maps, Google maps and Compass's north is always really pointing to north.

Hi Till,

Can you please provide further details on the issue you're facing with the latest SDK version 5.1.4 and answer these questions:

- what device does this happen with
- is this happening with the sample app or in your own app? If it happens with your own app, does the sample app work on your device.
- Send steps to reproduce this issue

Greetings

Nicola

We are experiencing some serious problem here with Wikitude 5.0.0. 

When starting the camera view, in half (!!!) of the times the radar shows in the wrong direction (90 to 180 degrees). After moving around the offset to the real north position stays, but relative motion seems to work correctly.   

The same Javascript code works fine on Android devices. 

We cannot move to a newer SDK version, because there are bugs in the injection of Json objects (Wikitude 5.1.1), or screen freezes (Wikitude 5.1.4) 

Please fix this bug ASAP, as it is messing up the entire usecase of our application !

Is there any version, which can be used in a stable way for the POI usecase ?

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment