Start a new topic

can't load an architect world with location on ios

can't load an architect world with location on ios

Hello wikitude team, recently i added a module for my app, based on the example architect world "Browsing Pois - Reloading content", on android the module runs perfectly but on ios when i try to open it  nothing happens, i have read on forums about this problem and i found the solution of add the line "NSLocationWhenInUseUsageDescription" on the plist file, but the module still not working, thank you for your attention, i'll give further details if you want.

Hi Diego,

So my guess is that you have already followed up with this forum post here. Could you please provide with the following information?

- Which version of the SDK are you using? 

- Are using the JS API?

- Are you using any of our Extensions (Titanium, Cordova, Xamarin, Unity)? If yes, which version are you using?

- what device does this happen with (os Version and model)?

- is this happening with the sample app or in your own app? If it happens with your own app, does the sample app work on your device?

Thank you

Hello wikitude, thank you for your answer, the link showed is the one that i saw, here are the answers to your questions:

- Which version of the SDK are you using? -> I'm using the wikitude sdk cordova version 5.1.4.

- Are using the JS API? -> No.

- Are you using any of our Extensions (Titanium, Cordova, Xamarin, Unity)? If yes, which version are you using? -> I'm using the extension Cordova version 5.1.4

- what device does this happen with (os Version and model)? -> The issue is happening on all iphone models and versions of IOS.

- is this happening with the sample app or in your own app? If it happens with your own app, does the sample app work on your device? -> The issue is happening on my own app, but as i said before, is only with IOS, with android the module works perfectly, i don't know if it is problem of the module by requesting the location of the user.

Than you for your attention.

Hi Diego,
Are you trying to load your Architect World from a server or the application bundle? It it's loaded from a server, use http or set ATS to allow loads from everywhere.

Best regards

Andreas

I'm loading my architect world exactly as is on the cordova example, i have my index.html with a line of code calling the architect world (5,3) which is the "Browsing Pois - Reloading content", the rest of things are the same (i have the world folder, the js folder..etc) the only thing different is on the file "realoadingcontent.js" due i'm calling the json data of the POI's from a direction of my server, as i said before on android the module runs correctly, the problem is with IOS that is not loading the world.

Thank you for your attention.

Hi Diego,
When loading the data from your server, do you use a http or https connection?

Best regards

Andreas

Hello comunity of wikitude, finally i solved my problem, the issue was on the generation of the platform using the command "cordova platform add ios", apparently with this the folder is not created properly so i used instead the command "phonegap platform add ios" and the project ran correctly, i hope to be a solution for the people who is trying to solve something similar.

Thank you for your help.

Hi Diego,
Thx for sharing your findings! Maybe it's helpful for others as well.

Best regards

Andreas
Login or Signup to post a comment