Start a new topic

sed error building sample app

sed error building sample app

Hi Roel,

I checked the source files again and WikitudePlugin.js defines a function called `requestAccess` in line 69 and index.js tries to call this function in line 84. Can you confirm that this is the same for you in the final project that you're launching? Maybe some files are not updated correctly on Windows (Staging www folder and www folder).

Best regards,

Andreas

Hi Andreas,

The 'requestAccess' function is defined in the following files:
platforms\android\assets\www\plugins\com.wikitude.phonegap.WikitudePlugin\www: line 70
platforms\android\platform_www\plugins\com.wikitude.phonegap.WikitudePlugin\www: line 70
platforms\browser\www\plugins\com.wikitude.phonegap.WikitudePlugin\www: line 69
platforms\browser\platform_www\plugins\com.wikitude.phonegap.WikitudePlugin\www: line 69
plugins\com.wikitude.phonegap.WikitudePlugin\www: line 69

The function is called in:
platforms\android\assets\www\js: line 85
platforms\browser\www\js: line 85
www\index.js: line 84

I thought I would give it a shot and try to actually build the project using build.phonegap.com, using the .apk and install it on my android phone to see if that would do anything. In this case I ran into another problem, which is exactly this issue. Maybe it's related to the initial issue?

Hi Roel,

We will try to reproduce your issue internally within the next days and let you know any details as soon as we have some.

Is the cordova file plugin installed when you generate the example application? Can you try to debug the Cordova application using Google Chrome to see if there occurs any JS error when launching the example?

Best regards,

Andreas

Hi Andreas,

Thank you very much for looking into it!
The plugin doesn't seem to be installed in the build app (apk). The following error appears:
Uncaught module com.wikitude.phonegap.WikitudePlugin.WikitudePlugin not found

Should it work when uploading the zipped project to build.phonegap.com, then build and install the .apk? Or should I build it using cordova commandline or something (never done that before)?

Hi Roel,

I usually use the cordova command line tool to generate the project. Afterwards I open the Xcode (iOS) or AndroidStudio (Android) projects to run the example application.

We had some legal issues with phonegap build when it was introduced. As far as I know they are eliminated, but I still don't use it/haven't tried it recently.

How do you build/start the example app for now?

Best regards,

Andreas

Hi Andreas,

I use the Phonegap application for Windows, which communicates with the Phonegap application for Android to run the app.

I just tried to run the app on an iPhone using the Phonegap app but it doesn't seem to get the 'app.wikitudePlugin.isDeviceSupported' line

Hi Roel,

Now everything makes sense! The PhoneGap Android application is not updated to include the latest Wikitude Cordova plugin changes. That's why its having problems resolving this new Wikitude Cordova plugin API.

If you generate the project from the command line and open the created project in Android Studio, it will work.

Best regards,

Andreas

1 person likes this
Hi Andreas,

Ahh ok, I will try that.
Thank you very much for your help!
Login or Signup to post a comment