Start a new topic

cannot preview 3d model at wikitude app

cannot preview 3d model at wikitude app

Hi, I'm a newbie at wikitude. I'tryin wikitude studio , I can preview the text, button  and picture at wikitude app. But cannot 3d models. I draw the 3d model with  sketchup a simple 3d text. exported as .fbx. convert it to .w3t with wikitude encoder. create a project and upload the w3t file. its seen as blank cube at design screen. at preview screen cannot see anything.

Mustafa YILMAZ

Hi Mustafa,

Seeing the 3D model as a blank cube in the Studio design screen is expected behaviour. Did you try your project with a device to see if you can see the 3D model there. If you have and you are still experiencing problems then please send us over the short url of your project (this is available in the ?Wikitude Hosting? export option) so that we can test it.

Hello. I am also having this same issue. To test the 3D augmentation I created a simple square in maya, exported it as a FBX, and then encoded it with the wikitude 3D encoder.  I upload the obect into Studio and it doesn't appear when testing. I downloaded and uploaded the car from your examples and that shows up just fine.  Any ideas on what I might be missing would be apprecieated.  Also is animation supported in the Wikitude Studio yet?  Thanks

The below link is to my test project.

http://goo.gl/Qq0kvE

Hello Chris,

Since the car 3D model is displayed but your 3D model is not, there is a problem with your 3D model. There are two things that may cause this issue. The first is the size of the 3D model you are using. When working with 3D models keep in mind that the size of the model should not exceed 5MB. The second thing is the dimensions of your model. You need to scale your model in a way that will fit the scene of your project. Could you please refer to this documentation here and see if your issue is fixed?

Thank you

Hello Chris,

Since the car 3D model is displayed but your 3D model is not, there is a problem with your 3D model. There are two things that may cause this issue. The first is the size of the 3D model you are using. When working with 3D models keep in mind that the size of the model should not exceed 5MB. The second thing is the dimensions of your model. You need to scale your model in a way that will fit the scene of your project. Could you please refer to this documentation here and see if your issue is fixed?

Thank you

Before creating the object I made sure to read all of this documentation.  The object is literally just a simple square that is no bigger than the car model.  I also even set the scale in the studio to .1 when it didn't show the first time.  The model shows up in the encoder just fine just not through the app.  I do agree that it must be something I am doing or missing since the car example works.  I will try exporting the fbx from 3DS Max and see if the same thing happens.  Maybe there is some setting in the Maya FBX Exporter causing this.  

Hi Chris,

If you want you can send over the .fbx so we can test it and see if there is something wrong. There are some problems when users are working with studio and they are also using the preview via the Wikitude app. The app is still based on SDK 5.0.0 but some 3D models require 5.1.3 or 5.1.4. We are currently working in updating our app. However, in your case I do not think that this is what is causing your issue.

Thank you

Hi Eva,

we have in the execution of a university project the same problem.

Our 3d model has a size of 13 MB.

Is it possibly to send our model, too?

Best regards

Bastian

Hello Bastian,

Yes you can send your fbx file so that we can see what the issue is. 

Hello, I'm having the same problem described above. I made a test with a cube, in the encoder it looks just fine, texture and everything, but when uploading to Wikitude Studio I don't get anything. Tried with Maya and Blender. Is it ok if I attach the models here so you could check them out? I'm working for a client and I really need support here. Thank you.

Hi,

With Studio textures are not shown. You'll anyhow need to test the AR experience on your device and can check the model directly in the AR experience. Genrally if the model looks fine in the Encoder it should also look fine in the AR experience.

Greetings

Nicola

Hey Nicola.  Just and update for you.  After the recent update that you guys did for the app all of my models are now working.  Noticed in the release notes that it mentioned several fixes for 3D model rendering. Is there also going to be an update to any of the modules to address this issue? We paid for the pro license and the sample projects work great but even the simple models that now work on the wikitude app do not work with our project.  We are using the Titanium module for appcelerator.  Any advice would be appreciated.  

Thanks 

Hello Chris,

As my colleague already replied to you through email the best option for you would be to wait for the Titanium update which is in its final stage and soon to be released.

Thank you

Hello Eva,

could I have your email address to send the fbx-file?

Best regards Bastian 
Login or Signup to post a comment