Start a new topic

Wikitude Unity Video

Wikitude Unity Video

Hi, I wanted to ask if it is possible to have AR videos in Unity with wikitude. As Unity doens't support video texture in mobile there should be a prefab or special way to do this. I wanted to ask if it is possible.
Thanks

I use "Easy Movie" https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/10032

I have also used Vuforia extensively for video on texture in both Android and iOS but am now looking to use / move to Wikitude and will be keen to see how / if it handles this feature.

Hi, 

There is no built-in support for video in the plugin. I haven't personally tested "Easy Movie", but since it looks like it renders the movie on a texture, I don't see why it wouldn't work with the Wikitude plugin. If you have any issues, please let me know.

Best regards,
Alexandru

I searched for unity assets for video texture but all of them lack something and are not good at all. Since video textures play a big part in AR applications it would be great if wikitude could come up with its own solution for this like Vuforia.
Thanks

Hello,

I know this thread is a bit old but I would like to know if you tried to play a movie on texture with Wikitude and the use of EasyMovieTexture plugin in Unity.

I'm trying to do this and I plays the video but I can hear the audio but not see the video.

Many thanks
Login or Signup to post a comment