Start a new topic

KML doesn't Work

KML doesn't Work

Hi, i created a google KML and uploaded as a World in wikitude.

When i try to display it in the wikitude app pasting http://arlink.wikitude.com/?dk=bcpspnf

It shows a blank page with the title ARlink and nothing else.

Why??

Hi,

Please find details on this topic here.

Greetings

Nicola

Hi, i found a topic related to my issue in 

https://support.wikitude.com/support/search/topics?term=Publishing+ARchitect+world

i tried to use the http://code.wikitude.com/bcpspnf sintax, but it also doesn't work. Now it shows a message: Error the code you entered is not valid.

I use the developer code i found in the Wikitude World.

How can i do?

Hi Stefania,

Thanks for trying out our Wikitude App.

As you can read from the thread you posted, ARLink has been integrated in Wikitude Studio (for paying customers) in order to export your Studio Project directly in our Wikitude App. For Geo-World ARLink is not anymore supported.

I apologize if you found-out any ARLink related information: we will work to remove any outdated web page.

In order to help your GEO-project then I would offer you a "search code" for free. Just contact us again with the desired code.

Have a nice day,

Simone

I would like to display my own KML in the Test World (see the attached image). I already have uploaded a world (a KML) to the dev section. I'd like to display that in the test world section of wikitude app.

Can i do that with the search code you are mentioning?

How can i associate my KML with the code you'll give me?

Thanks in advance

Hi Stefania,

> Can i do that with the search code you are mentioning?

Yes, it is enough that you write the search code in the search box (it is located on top of the main window ). In addition, you have to be located close to your Point of Interest (e.g. less than 150 Km).

> How can i associate my KML with the code you'll give me?

In general it is not possible. But for your specific case we will ask to our Back-end Engineer to set that association. Just send us your code. For testing purpose, now we have associated your search-code equals to your developer key : please try it out in the search box.

Best,

Simone

I tried the following steps and it shows me again and error.

(I am really close, less than 10 km from my POI).

Thanks again.

Hi Stefania,

An important consideration: as far I see you are trying to launch it from the Developer (i.e. Sviluppatore) section. This is not the right place. Pls, go to the main screen and look for a search area located on top part of the screen. In this text area, put only the search-code (bcpspnf) and not the whole code.wikitude.com url.

Let me know if it helped.

Best,

Simone

Hi Simone,

I have followed the exact procedure you have stated here. My problem is that when i enter the Developer Key the ar world does open but i fail to see any POI being augmented on the screen. What do you think is the issue. I have correctly imported my kml file from google maps after setting up my custom markers and uploaded it here in the publisher section under appropriate file extension. I am using the SDKexample project file that came with the Javascript Api.

your help will be much appreciated.

Hi,

The code is not working with the developer key you get displayed when you publish the AR experience via the Publish in Wikitude tool. Best would be to publish the experience and then test it directly via entering the name of the experience in the searchbox in the Wikitude app.

Greetings

Nicola

Thank you for the reply,

and yes, the name alone is enough for me to see the augmented icons on the screen but what i want to do is to be able to integrate the same functionality in my own app. Does the provided SDK support this feature? If yes, then where can I find it and how can I make it work.

By default the SDKExample app does augments random POI on the screen but it doesn't give any useful data like the names of the places or there details. So, is there a way that I can achieve the same functionalities as they are in the wikitude app onto the provided SDK?

Regards.

Login or Signup to post a comment