Start a new topic

[Unity]App keeps crashing on Start

[Unity]App keeps crashing on Start

Hello,

i would like to develop AR Apps with the Unity Plugin. Unfotunately the App i´m Building (just an exact Copy of the Client Recognition - Extended Tracking Scene where I replaced the Licence Key and use my own Target and 3D-Model) keeps crashing right on Start (Nexus 9). I get no Unity Errors or Warnings and everything is set up just like in the Example. Any Idea why it´s not working?

Greetings

Markus

Hi,

Are you having any issues running the example project and starting the Extended Tracking scene right away? In your app, are you running the AR scene first, or start it with a menu, as in the example project? If possible, it would be great if you could send a sample project where this issue is reproducible.

Best regards,

Alexandru

Hello Alexandru,

the strange thing is that, a few days earlier i downloaded the Unity Package and set up a Project with all the Samples. If I build the apk from that Project it works fine. But when I load one of the Example Scenes into another Project the crash occures. There is no menu, I start the Scene right at the beginning. I have tested it with different Unity Versions (both 32 and 64 bit, Unity 5.3.1, 5.3.3 and 5.3.4) but nothing seems to help. I have as well tried to build from different Computers and to another Nexus device. 

Last week, when i downloaded the Package, i have already set up an own Project that was working. I dont know whats different now. Below you will find a simple Project where I just duplicated the Extended Tracking scene from the Example and replaced the Target, License-Key and Model.

Unity Project: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ui80z0596oryb0k/WikiTest.rar?dl=0

Greetings

Markus

edit: Was able to reproduce the crash in the working Project by replacing the Default Licence Key with my own.

Hi Markus,

I tried the project and it was working fine for me. However, I the scene had the same target and models as the example project. Maybe those are causing the issue? I tried changing the license key in both your project, as well as the example project, but still no crash. When you changed the license key with our own in the example project, maybe something else was changed too?

Best regards, 
Alexandru

Hey Alexandru,

i think the Problem might be Unity, thats why I´m performing a reinstall and try it again. I´ll let you know if it fixes the Problem

Okay,

it seems that the Problem is caused by the Nexus9. When I build the App on my Galaxy S5 everything works like a charm.  Any Idea why the Nexus can´t handle it?

Greetings

Markus

Hi, 

On Nexus 9 there seems to be an issue when loading the tracker immediately when app starts. Until we figure out what is going on, maybe you can try to add a menu as in the sample application, or delay the creation of the trackers.

Best regards, 

Alexandru Florea

I already have a Menu in the Application. The User can choose a scene to load. But as soon as it loads, the App crashes. Until now i have tested it on the Nexus9 (crash), Galaxy s5(works), Pixel C(crash) and iPad Air(crash).

Hi,

Is there any log message or stack from the crash?

Best regards,
Alexandru

Hello Alexandru,

currently I am working on another Project, but as soon as I have time for it I will check if there are any crash messages and post it here.

Regards,

Markus
Login or Signup to post a comment