Start a new topic

HTML widget in Studio does not appear in app

HTML widget in Studio does not appear in app

Hi,

I added an image (the start stop button) + a html widget in studio, to appear when the Bmw logo is detected. There are two problems:

1. The html widget does not appear at all. (it is a black div)

2. The image appears at a different position and size than where I place it, wherever I place it.

Any ideas on what is going on? 

Hi Shen,
Have you tried to create the HTML drawable with our JS API(Create a separate ARchitect World, written in JS using our AR. API)? I would be interested if the HTML drawable works then.

Are there any logs in the console?

Best regards

Andreas

Hi,

I tried and it worked. I deleted the repective markers and tried on new ones and it worked in our sdk app too. However, trying to achieve the architectsdk:// trigger so I catch it in the objc, I wrote javascript in the html widget to redirect to a webpage, for testing. 

Unfortunately, being in the Wikkitude Studio page, also proccesses the code in the html widget, so my project is not accessible anymore. Once I click on the project, on the Wikitude page, I get redirected outside and I cannot edit it anymore. I have to completely delete it and re create all the markers I added so far.

Using the pack in the app I see it does not work as I expect it to. window.top.location.href='http://www.google.ro'; redirects the small html widget page to this url and does not make the app load the respective url.

How can I make the app load a web page, by using javascript in the html widget (defined in WikitudeStudio)?

Hi Shen,
I could image that setting the document location in a HTML drawable is not detected by our SDK. You need to find a way that the HTML Drawables JS context can communicate with the Architect  views web view context.
Maybe you can set a cookie or use local storage to achieve this.

Best regards

Andreas
Login or Signup to post a comment