Start a new topic

Client 3D Tracking - Rendering of Recognized Target issue

Client 3D Tracking - Rendering of Recognized Target issue

Hi,

I am trying out the Android Native SDK to check the 3D tracking.

When the application recognizes the target, it is drawing a Stroked Rectangle. 

It is not at the correct location for the 3D tracking activity. It is correctly rendering in the 2D tracking though.

I can see the stroked rectangle way infront of the recognized target.

It is difficult to draw our own shapes over this target as well.

Is there more tutorial on how to draw shapes using the recognized modelview and projection transformations?

Thanks.

Hi Selva,
For you as application devleoper there is not difference when drawing augmentations for 3d or 2d tracking. 
Misplaced augmentations for 3d tracking usually means that the tracking map is not very good. Have you tried to rerecord the tracking map?
Could you send us a video of your tracking map recording process? It would be interesting to see what you're trying to record so that we can give you some better advice on what to improve.

Best regards

Andreas

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for your reply.

I have taken a video of the recording process as requested, along with the detection using the native SDK sample project.

The video shows how and where the stroked rectangle is drawn. You could also see a green rectangle at the center of the stroked rectangle, which I have added myself.

Please tell us what am I doing wrong.

Thanks for the support.

Hi Selva,
THX for sharing the video with us. I have forwarded it internally and will get back to you as soon as I got some feedback internally.

Can you confirm that you're using the latest version of our native SDK?

Best regards

Andreas

Hi Andreas,

I am using 'WikitudeSDK_NativeAPI_Android_1_2_0', which I downloaded 2 weeks back.

Thanks.

Hi Selva,
It seems that you can't do anything against this currently. You would need to add a new transformation matrix to move the augmentation in front of you.

We're currently working on a new 3d tracking update which should be available withing the next 4 - 6 weeks.

Best regards

Andreas

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for the update.

Would it be possible for you to share the transformation matrix that i need to use?

Hi,
I can't share the matrix with you. That's something that depends on your application and use case.

We're closer to the release but not there yet. It might go live end of this month/beginning of the next.

Best regards

Andreas

Hello!

Are there any news to this issue?

best regards,

Sebastian

Hi Sebastian,
A major update for our 3d tracking is in development but still takes some more time.

Best regards,

Andreas
Login or Signup to post a comment