Start a new topic

WTArchitectView clearCache not working

WTArchitectView clearCache not working

Hi,

I'm using the wtc url emailed to me by the Target Manager and pass it to the tracker. What I want to do is if I go to the AR screen, regenerate the wtc in Target manager, select back in app then go to AR Screen again, the wtc file must be the newly generated one.

It seems the cache for the wtc files is still in memory even if I call the clearCache method in viewWillDisappear:. Am I missing something here? Please help, thank you.

Lei

Hi Leilani,
The -clearCache method in the ObjC API does not influence the underlying C++ SDK but only the web view cache. There is currently no way to create an AR.Tracker, update the content of a .wtc and load another AR.Tracker from the same .wtc url with the same SDK in memory. You either need to destroy the SDK view (since you switch to a different view controller this wouldn't be much of a problem) or load the .wtc from a different url.

Best regards

Andreas

Hi Andreas,

Thank you for your response. Even after dismissing the view controller with the architect view it still won't update. Am I still not destroying the SDK view? Any thoughts?

So what I just did for now was I manually delete the files inside the tmp and cache directory on the viewDidLoad of my view controller and it works.

Thanks,

Lei

If you don't nil out the WTArchitectView instance, it's probably not deleted. Just dismissing the view/view controller does not necessarily mean that the WTArchitectView is destroyed. Depends on the reference count and your application setup.
I also created a feature request to update the clearCache functionality.

Best regards

Andreas
Login or Signup to post a comment