Start a new topic

Unity target recognition

Unity target recognition

Hi, Alex. Is this still true? The SDK doesn't use IMU or other sensors besides camera?

Thanks,

James

Hi, 

Only (visual) SLAM is available at the moment.

Best regards,
Alexandru

Thx a lot,

After 2-3 years of using Unity, I probably should have known about that . On a side note, can you tell me if wikitude have any support for sensor based (IMU, non visual) SLAM ?

I only saw SLAM mentioned in the context of 3d recognition.

Hi Mihai, 

When selecting the callback function, please make sure to select the one from the "Dynamic string" category, not from the "Static Paramteres" category displayed lower. When you do so, there won't be any string field that you can modify. Unfortunately, Unity Events have this rather confusing interface that allows you to override the parameter value in the interface. You can read more about this in the documentation.

Best regards,
Alexandru

Hi Alexandru,

I've also tryied using that field and it is empty (unless i actually type something in the inspector of the TrackableBehaviour). I guess it takes the inspector value even if i don't type anything (empty string).

Any other advice?

Thanks,

Hi, 

The purpose TrackableBehaviour.TargetPattern is to specify all targets that should be active. To get the name of the currently active target, you need to subscribe to the "On Enter Field Of Vision" event on the TrackableBehaviour. The string parameter is the name of the target that just became active.

Best regards,
Alexandru

Hi,

Can you please claify the method tho?

TrackableBehaviour.TargetPattern seems to return list of all active trackables (like * or img1|img2|img3) and not just the one currently visible.

Thanks,

Hi, 

The latest version of the Unity Plugin was updated to include this functionality.

Best regards, 

Alexandru

Hi

Unfortunately, this is not possible right now, but it we are working on it and it will be available soon.

Kind regards,

Alexandru

I am currently building an app with the Unity plugin.

Is there any way get the taget the camera is currtly lookinga from the code?

I want to dynamically create objects basd on the target that has currtly been recognized without hard coding the

target patern into each trackable

Login or Signup to post a comment