Start a new topic

Calling LicenseKey method query

Calling LicenseKey method query

Hello,

I'm new to the Wikitude arena and have currently downloaded the iOS native examples xcode project.  I have a trial key however I don't know where and how to call the method mentioned within the WTWikitudeNativeSDK.h.  I am told from the comment in the code to call the method, but where should I be doing this?

Thank you,

Hi,

Did you follow the documentation section which explain where to put the key? You can also check the implmentation of the sample app on how to use the code.

Greetings

Nicola

Hi,

I did, I see the following message in the documentation stating "To use the Wikitude iOS SDK with a certain license key, use the method -setLicenseKey: defined in WTArchitectView.h and provide a valid license key. The SDK Example application demonstrates the license handling in the file WTStandardARViewController.m. The license key is defined in line 17 and used in line 71."

However, I cannot find what these are referring to as in the attached image.  I found a -setLicenseKey in the WTWikitudeNativeSDK.h

Hi,

It looks like you mixed up the JS API info with the Native API one. You can find the JS API info here and the Native one here.

Greetings

Nicola

Hi,

Thanks for the clarification,

I initially attempted this original however even with this message: "To use the Wikitude iOS SDK with a certain license key, use the method -setLicenseKey: defined in WTWikitudeNativeSDK.h and provide a valid license key." I do not know where to call this method for the example.  I was expecting to paste in the license key somewhere to make the example application work.

Hi again.

From the screenshot it looks like you're working with the Native API - can you please clarify.

If you work with the Native API, then these are the details you need to paste the license key:

iOS Native API

To use the Wikitude iOS SDK with a certain license key, use the method -setLicenseKey: defined in WTWikitudeNativeSDK.h and provide a valid license key.

Greetings

Nicola

Hi, 

I'm looking to work with the native API.

I understand this, however the step seems confusing, as I do not know where to paste the key to make it work.  say I have a key: "$$KEY$$".   Where do I put it?

Hello,

I'm having the same issue. I have a trial License key but I'm not sure what to do with it. I think my biggest issue is I don't know what the WTWikitudeNativeSDK.h is. Is it a file? 

Thanks,

Anthony

Hi Anthony,

If you go through our documentation then, you will find all the information you need there. For example, here https://www.wikitude.com/external/doc/documentation/latest/androidnative/triallicense.html#where-should-i-enter-the-license-key it describes how to insert your license key.

Thanks,

Eva

Login or Signup to post a comment