Start a new topic

Image Recognition

Image Recognition

1 person has this problem

Hi Sergio,
That's great news, congratulations!
It should work with two different Activities as well. 

Regarding your upcoming question I would create a new thread so that we can mark this one as answered.

Best regards

Andreas

Hi Andreas,

My problem is solved, i only had to separete it in two different applications instead of have both in two different Activities and it works for me. But now i have another question, but i dont know if its better to ask it here or to open a new thread.

Thank you Andreas, for your support.

Hi Sergio,
You are right, the student app doesn't need to implement the TrackingMapRecorderEventListener. The student app only needs to implement the TrackerEventListener.

Can you send us a video of when you record a scene so that we see what you actually want to recognise?

Best regards

Andreas

Hi Andreas,

When I save the .wtm the quality is max available, that in my case is good, i think that it is called with the same name in the example. I finally make it works, to load fine the .wtm, but it is impossible to me that the methods onTracking, onTargetRecognized to be called, neither onTargetLost.

The method onTrackerFinishLoading is called by itself,but the others that i mentioned to you, are never called.

I dont know what i am doing wrong :S

My student app doesnt has to implement 

wikiSDK.getTrackingMapRecorder().registerTrackingMapRecorderEventListener(new TrackingMapRecorderEventListener() {

This is only for save the map no?

Hi soha,
If the onTargetRecognized trigger is not called, the map might not include enough information to recognize the object again. What was the map quality indicator saying when you record the map?
Could you send us a video so that we see what map you recorded and under which conditions you try to recognize it again?

Best regards

Andreas

I have the same problem as him only the onTrackerFinishedLoading is called and iam using the sample and put the map into the assets and changed that line in internal rendering any help please

ClientTracker tracker = _wikitudeSDK.getTrackerManager().create3dClientTracker("file:///android_asset/soha.wtm");

Hi Sergio,
The .wtm file can be on the device or on any server. 
If you provide a valid TrackerEventListener implementation, it's method will get called. Is your onTrackerFinishedLoading mehod called or do you call it yourself?

Best regards

Andreas

Hi Andreas,

I have that line that you said to me, but the method:

@Override
public void onTrackerFinishedLoading(ClientTracker clientTracker, String s) {
Log.e(TAG, "Tracker finished loading " + s);
}

This method is load correctly, and my application call it perfectly. But the rest of the methods like onTracking and the others are never called.

I dont know if can be that, i have to upload the .wtm to my server and in the method that you said i have to put the url of my server...but if this way of load the map doesn´t work i think that onTrackerFinishedLoading will never be called and onErrorLoading will be called instead.

I dont know where i am doing wrong...

Hi Sergio,
Line 111 in ClientTracking3DActivity has the answer for you ;)

_wikitudeSDK.getTrackerManager().create3dClientTracker(file.getAbsolutePath()).registerTrackerEventListener(ClientTracking3DActivity.this);

You could optionally also create a member and assign the newly created tracker to the member and in the next line, use the member and make the registerTrackerEventListener call.

Best regards

Andreas

Hi Andreas,

I have a doubt, in the api native documentation only register that:

_wikitudeSDK.getTrackingMapRecorder().registerTrackingMapRecorderEventListener(new TrackingMapRecorderEventListener() { @Override public void onFinishedSavingTrackingMap(File file) { ... }

But this is to save the tracker, not to start recognizing. After i do this, in the OnCreate method, where and how i have to assign the listener to that tracker, if you can put the line of code to do it or give me the page where i can found it i will be very appreciate.:

tracker = wikiSDK.getTrackerManager().create3dClientTracker(Keys.RECORDING_NAME);

Thank you Andreas for your support.

Hi Sergio,
So far you are doing just fine ;) You need to create the tracker as you already written. After it is created, you need to assign a listener to it to receive the 'target recognized', 'target udpated' and 'target lost' callbacks. Please refer to the API documentation for the exact method names. You don't have to manually start the tracker. As soon as the tracker is created, it's active.

Best regards

Andreas

Hi Andreas, im back again.

The teacher app is running perfectly, and i have to say thank you very much.

But im having some troubles with the student part. Once the teacher has already save the .wtm i try to read it from the student part with:

tracker = wikiSDK.getTrackerManager().create3dClientTracker(Keys.RECORDING_NAME + ".wtm");

But i dont know if i have to activate the tracker to start tracking the .wtm and find similarities with the camera of the student, I dont know if i am explaining correctly. 

Once i initialize the tracker in the OnCreate what i have to do to start the recognize

About your question, i am the one who code the apps. I dont know yet, if i will do one app with a sign in part to recognize the role of the person who sign or it will be two different applications.

Yeah it helps me, i will try this days, if i have any question i will ask here.

Thanks! 

Hi Sergio,
Just one question upfront: Teachers/Students don't code the application, right? You code both applications and provide each user group the final app.

Anyways, the teachers app does the following:
Record a .wtm file which is then exported (Please refer to our documentation on that part), uploaded to a server or packaged within the student application

You can record the .wtm file with the methods provided by the TrackingMapRecorder. This involves all methods regarding tracking map quality and finish saving callback. Please keep in mind that if the tracking map quality does not change to average or good, it is very likely that the recorded object can not be recognized by the student application. To get a better quality, move around the target and record it in various angels.

The students application:
Loads a .wtm file with the method provided by the TrackerManager. The .wtm file can eiter be packaged within the application or loaded from a server. 
Once the student sees the same target as in the .wtm file, TrackerManager methods are called that inform about a recognized target, an updated target or lost target.

Does this help you?

Best regards

Andreas

Hi Andreas,

Yeah i am using 3D tracking, so i have to change the file to a .wtm. Your answer was so important for me, because now i really now what is the problem in my application.

But now i have a problem, you say that when you start recording and save it to a .wtm file, that is the step that the teacher must do, so the part of the teacher should not have this

in the code: of the student app.

tracker = wikiSDK.getTrackerManager().create3dClientTracker(server);

Because this is the part to the stundent no?

And if it is true, when i start the part of the student app and start filming with the camera, i have to load before the .wtm that the teacher has recorded and with the upper method, create a tracker to that file and if the student watch the same as the teacher the method OnTracking and OnTargetRecognize should be called yeah?

Thank you for you support.
Login or Signup to post a comment