Start a new topic

Wikitude SDK detected multiple sdk allocations

Wikitude SDK detected multiple sdk allocations

Hi, After updating to sdk5 , I observed the error "Wikitude SDK detected multiple sdk allocations" in this line : 

self.architectView = ;

The problem occures when I go from AR class to another class and return back to the AR class. it seems it doesn't dealloc WTArchitectView automatically. There is a way to prevent this error by setting WTSDKDisableDeallocValidation to YES in environment variable but by doing that you get into another problem where there are multiple SDK allocations which affects when you want to make your VideoDrawables fullscreen (fullscreen doesn't work in this situation).

I'll appreciate if someone can help me with this.

Thanks very much

Hi,
The solution might be to only allocate the Wikitude SDK once your view is allocated and not each time -viewWillAppear:/-viewDidAppear: is called. Or you add a check like `if (nil == _architectView) {self.architectView = } to prevent multiple instantiation when not desired.

Best regards

Andreas

Hi,

I am facing the same issue: Wikitude SDK DETECTED MULTIPLE SDK ALLOCATIONS. 

I added the check for nil on _architectview but I still get the message, although _architectview is nil!

What to do?

kind regards,

Eric

Hi Eric,
Can you explain your view/view controller setup in a bit more detail? Otherwise you can send us a demo project with which we can reproduce the problem and have a look at it.

Best regards

Andreas

Thanks Andreas , I tried to check if _architectView is nil and then allocate but the problem still exists and seems every time _architectView is nil. I didn't get what you mean by "once your view is allocated" I'll appreciate if you can explain that part more.

Thanks very much

Hi,
do you have multiple view controller which present a WTArchitectView or is it just a single one?

The message is all about multiple instances of a WTArchitectView. A second WTArchitectView is created while another one is still alive in memory. Both of them then try to initialize a part of the SDK which should not happen.

To solve this issue either ensure to use only one WTArchitectView object at a time (that's why I mentioned that you should check for nil) or use our latest 5.1.1 SDK which should handle your case without crashing.

Best regards

Andreas

Hi Andreas , it is a single WTArchitectView but users can switch from it to another view and again go back to it and the problem occurs at revisiting it.

Trying to check for nill to prevent multiple instances doesn't work and checking it always returns true. I'm also using SDK 5.1.1 and I still have the problem. The only thing that's not up to date for me is my Xcode (it's 6.4) I don't know if updating it will solve the problem or not.

Thanks very much Andreas

Regards

If you remove the view before you switch to the next view controller will remove your error.

Hi,

I'm facing same issue as well. Do you able solve this already? Mind to share if any?

Hi Jeffrey,
Eric posted his solution. 

Usually the following steps do the trick:

* make sure the view is removed
* call .dispose()
* set the member to null

you can also set the WTSDKDisableDeallocValidation environment variable to YES.

Best regards

Andreas
Login or Signup to post a comment