Start a new topic

Wikitude 5.1.1 Linker Error

Wikitude 5.1.1 Linker Error

Hello Wikitude Support Team,

I'm trying to integrate current Wikitude SDK 5.1.1 for iOS into my own project and getting the following linker error, and I do not know further which library I am missing:

Undefined symbols for architecture arm64:

"gameplay::Platform::sleep(long)", referenced from:

gameplay::ScreenDisplayer::~ScreenDisplayer() in WikitudeSDK(libgameplay.a-arm64-master.o)

ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture arm64

Further information:

List of "Linked Frameworks and Libraries" that I have setup in my project: Attached as image file.

Usinging Xcode 7.2, iOS 9.2 SDK, Swift Project, the viewcontroller that contains the WTArchitectView is an Objective-C class.

Could you please give me a hint?

Thanks

Tran Huy Nguyen

Hi Tran,
Did you experience the same problem with version 5.1.0? Can you build the example application which is part of the SDK download package?

Best regards

Andreas

Hi Andreas,

thanks for quick response, realy, I appreciate that!

I know that 5.0.0 does not have that issue. But that version had other runtime problems on iOS 9 ("InitGoogleLogging").

Unfortunately I cannot find where to download 5.1.0 from Wikitude website? Could you provide me a link, please?

Thanks

Tran Huy Nguyen

Using 5.0.0 or 5.1.0 should not matter.

Can you confirm that the error also occurs if you build the SDK example application or only with your own application?

Best regards

Andreas

Hi Andreas,

yes, I can build the example applications (both Wikitude 5.1.1 and 5.0.0). Using same project setup (of my own app) except for exchanging the WikitudeSDK.framework file, leads to linker error (5.1.1) or no linker errors (5.0.0).

Best regards,

Huy

Can you create a ObjC based application, add the wikitude sdk and check if that application is linkable? I want to find out if it's a Swift related issue.

Best regards

Andreas

Hi Andreas,

here is an additional piece of information: I'm trying to integrate the Wikitude SDK Framework into a project target that is a framework itself (i.e. not the target that represents the app). Using Wikitude 5.0.0 that was not a problem for the Linker. But when using 5.1.1 I got the linker error as mentioned above.

I have just integrated version 5.1.1 directly into the project target that represents my app and I see no linker errors. So the question maybe: what has changed between 5.0.0 and 5.1.1 so that I cannot use the Wikitude SDK inside an Xcode target, which is a target for a framework?

Best regards,

Huy

your last message was very, very helpful! THX!

What changed between these two versions is the way the static library is created in the background. I will investigate the issue asap and let you know about the result.

Best regards

Andreas

Great! I don't know what you mean by "way of creating static libs in background", but I'm looking forward to hear what you'll find out :)

Best regards,

Huy

Any news on this?I am also having an issue with gameplay::Platform::sleep(long) but in Xamarin.iOS

Hi Pedro,
We have fixed this particular issue in version 5.1.2 which is unfortunately not available for Xamarin yet. At the moment I can't tell you an exact date but It's not far away (~3-4 weeks) ;)

Best regards

Andreas

Hey please fix it in Xamarin.iOS sdk. I also stuck with this issue. 

The very huge problem is I cannot publish app to AppStore if I cannot update the Wikitude SDK because of this error below

The app references non-public symbols in : _dsyrk_

Hi Noppol,
Do you use our latest Xamarin Component?

Best regards

Andreas

When I use Wikitude Componet 5.0.0, It's fine to build but I stuck with this error "The app references non-public symbols in : _dsyrk_" after I published to AppStore

When I try to use Wikitude Component 5.1.1, It's cannot build and I stuck with this error "gameplay::Platform::sleep(long)" on Xamarin Studio.

Please help! I'm running out of time. My customer wants me to publish to AppStore now.
Login or Signup to post a comment