Start a new topic

crash: com.wikitude.architect.ArchitectView$MissingFeatureException: Requir

crash: com.wikitude.architect.ArchitectView$MissingFeatureException: Requir

I got a report of the following crash:

java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity ComponentInfo{com.*.*/wikitudeStudioPlugin.WARActivity}: com.wikitude.architect.ArchitectView$MissingFeatureException: Required feature set is not supported

at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2695)

at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2769)

at android.app.ActivityThread.access$900(ActivityThread.java:177)

at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1430)

at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102)

at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:135)

at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5910)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:372)

at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:1405)

at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:1200)

Caused by: com.wikitude.architect.ArchitectView$MissingFeatureException: Required feature set is not supported

at com.wikitude.architect.ArchitectView.onCreate(Unknown Source)

at wikitudeStudioPlugin.AbstractArchitectCamActivity.onCreate(AbstractArchitectCamActivity.java:100)

at wikitudeStudioPlugin.WARActivity.onCreate(WARActivity.java:33)

at android.app.Activity.performCreate(Activity.java:6178)

at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnCreate(Instrumentation.java:1118)

at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2648)

... 10 more

How can I know what's the missing feature? Do you have any details about this error?

Hi Lorenzo,

Which device is this happening with. This error mostly occur if you're working with a device that doesn't fullfill the needed requirements.

Greetings

Nicola

Hi Nicola, the crash happened twice on two different devices:

- device: nuclear-kf026            Android version: 5.1

- device: Galaxy J5 (j5nlte)      Android version: 4.2

Is there any way to know which one of the feature is not supported by the device? or is there a way to check if the device has all the needed requirements?

Thanks,

Lorenzo

Hi,

Is this happening with the SDK sample app - if you haven't tried, please try to run the JS API sample app (included in the SDK download package) and check if this app is running fine.

Greetings

Nicola

I don't own the device to test, i'll ask the tester to install the sample and i'll let you know!

Hi Nikola, I was checking the same error on one of our devices and I saw that the supported Android target is 4.0+ API target 14 but when I included the the project forced me to change the target to minSDK 16, can you help me?

Tahnks

Hi Ricardo,
If you want to build for Android 6 including runtime permissions, you need to update the minSDK to level 16.

Best regards

Andreas

Thank you Andreas, its a shame we cant target minSDK14 but I think its better to keep on with the new Android versions
Login or Signup to post a comment