Start a new topic

Target Images with transparent or blind areas

Target Images with transparent or blind areas

In a lot of my szenarios tracking would be much better if it was possible to define areas within the tracking image that are not used.

Possible scenarios are

a 3-dimensional object with holes where one side must be tracked in different angles and places,

or simply a frame, arc or door where the scene behind continuosly changes, but i want to have my augmentation in the opening

In metaio you could use transparent PNGs, but this doesn't seem to work with wikitude. I tried to use multiple tracking targets arranged aroud my "hole", but only one target can be active at a time.

My question now is: Is it planned to implement this feature? Or does anyone know a workaround? Is there a color that can be used to fill the areas in my tracking target image to tell the target manager that this area is not relevant?

Thanks
Andras

Hi,

Yes correct - you can't use .png files with transparency as target image at the moment and I can't unfortunately provide any timeline when this might come. 

Did you try to only use parts of the image as target image?

Greetings

Nicola

Hi Nicola,

thanks for your reply. I'm sorry to hear that the implementation of transparent PNGs is not planed. Yes I tried to use parts of the scene as targets, but mostly the trackable contiguous part is so small or narrow, that the augmentation is flickering too much. If there was a way to combine two targets left and right of the augmentation or to have "blind" parts in the tracking image, the aufmentation would be perfectly stable.

Hi,

You can also 'color' the blind spots - meaning e.g. you put grey areas where the transparency would be.

Greetings

Nicola

Okay I will try that!
Login or Signup to post a comment