Start a new topic

Loading multiple imageDrawable problems

Loading multiple imageDrawable problems

Hi, I've faced a problem in working with the sdk when loading multiple AR objects on the scene. When I put over 7 objects in the scene only the 7 objects is augmented on the target. I remember I faced a similar problem when working on a location based application with Wikitude and at that time I also faced this problem that when I tried to load multiple POIs they weren't rendered correctly.I have also faced this when trying to load multiple videoDrawables.

For recreating the problem just try to load and put for example 15 imageDrawables in the cam property of Trackable2DObject. 

I'll appreciate if you can help me on this.

Thanks very much

Hi there!

I assume that the assets you're using are high in demenstions. Could you please try to either scale them down and properly destroy() no longer used ImageResources.

Hope that helps.

Best regards

Thanks very much, but is there a standard limit for this? what about cases where you actually need imageResources and can't destroy them. for example for the location based apps you can't do that because there maybe cases where there are 20+ POIs need to be shown all at once and with this limitation you can't actually have those scenarios.

Thanks

Hi there!

The limit depends on the device you're using and the dimension of the assets you're using.
Destroying ImageDrawables is kinda different: When you need to render e.g. 20 times the same image, you create one AR.ImageResource but 20 AR.ImageDrawables referring to it. That way you can destroy ImageDrawables but still use the underlying assets in a next step.

Best regards
Login or Signup to post a comment