Start a new topic

Exported App doesn't seem to work

Exported App doesn't seem to work

1 person has this problem

Hi,

Can you please send over the 3D model that is not shown?

Thx and greetings

Nicola

Nicola? Any ideas?

Cheers,

Christian

Hello Nicola again :-)

Thanks for your patience...

Well: I defined an experience at the Studio, named "Portfolio 2015 Super Petro" with a target image and defined a 3D-Model, which "stands" there. So far, so good.

- Tested within the Wikitude-App, Development, logged in, selected the experience, works.

- Tested within the Wikitude-App, Development, used the 'Launch via URL', works, too.

- Exported from the Studio the "Offline App" (the iOS Template), opened in XCode, fixed two problems with Bitcode and Orientation and inserted teh Trial-Key. Hit the 'Build'-Button so the App will launch on my connected iPhone. App started - with the 'Trial'-Watermark. Pointing at the target image, but nothing happens, no 3D-Model to see...

Hope this will now define my problem more detailed ;-)

Cheers,

Christian

Hi Christian,

Are you working with the App Template? Does the AR experience work as expected with the sample app (you can start an experience via an url with the 'Launch via URL' option and test if it's working there.

Thx and greetings

Nicola

Ok, found the device log now - doesn't help ... there are only crashes (from other apps) ... :(

Hello Nicola,

thanks for your fast reply :-)

Well, the App starts as expected, with the trial watermark in it. It seems that the target will not be scanned ... umm, where do I find the device log? XCode builds the app (after fixing the Bitcode- and Orientation-Thing) without Errors.

Greetings from Tirol :-)

Christian

Hi Christian,

Can you please provide further details what happens - does the AR view start as expected (with the Trial watermark) but you the target is not scanned? Do you get any error messages in the device log?

Greetings

Nicola

Hi there,

I created a test augmentation in Studio with a 3D-Model. When I launch the Wikitude-App in Developer Mode, select the project etc. it works perfect. But when I export this test-project as an XCode-Project and launch it there on my iPhone (with a trial license), nothing happens when i point on the target image ... am I doing something wrong?

Many thanks and Cheers,

Maniac
Login or Signup to post a comment