Start a new topic

Unity Sample Crash on Run (iOS)

Unity Sample Crash on Run (iOS)

Hello,

I have donwnloaded the Unity plugin and trying to run it on iOS.

Tried almost everything but can't make it work.

I manage to buld the app, with the steps described in the documentation, but crashes or freezes on start.

Thanks

---------------------

This is the setup i am using : Wikitude Unity Plugin 1.0 BETA (the only one for download), Unity 5.x, iPod touch iOS 9.1, Xcode 7.1 

I also tried replacing the WikitudeNativeSDK.framework inside unity or Xcode (which is v1.0), to the v1.1 framework

Hi Mario,
Manually replacing the WikitudeNativeSDK.framework will definetly crash because we had some API changes in 1.1 which can not work with the Unity Plugin, so you have to use the Wikitude Native SDK that ships with the Unity Plugin.
Have you noticed that we released the official release of our Plugin a few weeks ago? In case you still use the beta version, please update the plugin you're using. Here is the download link.

Please let me know if you still have some troubles with the official release.

Best regards

Andreas

Hello Andreas,

Thank you for the message and the clarification why the version is different.

I am using the plugin downloaded from the downloads but will try it now and let you know the results.

Best regards

Mario

Hi Andreas

I have tried running the new file you sent me but with the same result.

Additional setup that i did was to create my own WTC file (on wikititude website) and load the images that i used for it, inside the Streaming assets folder.

The issue i am getting is a constant timeout at the start of the application.

Is it possible that i need to use UnityPro in order to be able to execute this ?

Thanks

Mario

Unity Pro is not required by the Wikitude SDK. Do you still experience this issue?

Best regards

Andreas
Login or Signup to post a comment