Start a new topic

Changing has no effect

Changing has no effect
1 Comment

I've been working with Wikitude to develop an app centred around using AR to browse nearby saved locations. The app is beaing built to run on wearables such as Google Glass, Vuzix, and other devices. With that in mind, I have been looking for a way to take advantage of the fact that this Glass has a transparent display. Instead of displaying the camera preview along with the POI markers, I was hoping to find a way to only draw the markers, while no background is drawn. This would essentially be like overlaying the markers onto the user's vision, rather that the camera preview.

So far I have been unable to find a way to make this work. I haven't been able to find any posts with similar issues, and I was wondering if this is even possible. I've tried using = false, but this doesn't seem to do anything. I'm not even certain if this would work, because I don't know if disabling the camera this way stops Wikitude from drawing GeoObjects. I am unable to test this, however, because the camera remains open despite this call.

disableCamera: function disableCameraFn() { = false; = true;

the flashlight line is there just to ensure I'm calling the function, and when I load the World the flashlight does turn on, but the camera is still displayed on the screen.

Does anyone have any insight on this? I'm not even certain if the method I'm trying will work. If anybody know why this is not working or another way to achieve my goal, any information would be greatly appreciated.

Login or Signup to post a comment