Start a new topic

Unity example works, custom WTC does not

Unity example works, custom WTC does not

Hi Carsten,

A beta version of SDK 8 is now available for developers on the download page.  Unity developers will be pleased to know that SDK 8 added AR-view functionality to the Unity editor. Being able to test and tweak your augmented reality project, hassle-free, during app creation greatly reduces development and prototyping time.

Additionally, developers can use the Unity Remote feature to test Instant Tracking using a remote camera (e.g. a smartphone or tablet).

Greetings

Nicola

Hi,

We're currently working on improvements - if we publish this we'll let you know.

Greetings

Nicola

Ah ok, now it works, thank you!

When will we get InUnityEditor-Preview?

Hi Carsten,

Your approach only works if the target in the .wtc file is called "page". The TargetPattern must match the Targetname in the .wtc file to work as expected with the chosen Trackable. The wildcard approach is used if the target images would be called 'page1', 'page2'.....

I hope this helps. Greetings

Nicola

I used wildcard: page*

Hi Carsten,

Did you add the correct TargetPattern in the Trackable?

Thx and greetings

Nicola

Hi,

I´ve tested the Unity example (Wikitude_Unity_1.0.0_2015-08-27_09-12-37) and it works fine with the magazine.wtc on my android device.

Then I´ve created and downloaded myown wtc with a two-star-rated image.

I picked this wtc in the dropdown of the clienttracker.

I´ve inserted my free License Key.

I´ve named the Product Name in Unitys PlayerSettings to match the project name of myTargetmanager project.

I´ve also named the Bundle identifier to include that projectname.

But the linked 3d-object (WikitudeEye as child of Trackable) does not appear.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Carsten
Login or Signup to post a comment