Start a new topic

Unity Extension - 3D Model at Geo Location

Unity Extension - 3D Model at Geo Location

Hi,

I`m new in developing AR with wikitude. I have some experiences in developing games using unity 3D (and also with the vuforia extension) and was very curious about the wikitude Unity Extension. I wonder if there is a possibility to get the 3D Model at Geo Location example running within Unity (http://www.wikitude.com/external/doc/documentation/5.0/android/3dmodels.html#3dModelAtGeoLocation)? I tried it a lot but without any good results. I get some coding erros but for me it seems ok.

In addition by importing the extension into unity there is only the iOS plugin listed. According to the documentation it should also support Android. Is the Android plugin missing?

Thanks! All the best, Patrick

Hi,

I also have same problem android plugin is missing.

Hi,

Our first version of the Unity Plugin will not support geo-based features - only image recognition. We have the support for geo on our feature list, but I can't give any timeline when this will come.

Greetings

Nicola

Hi Nicola,

thank you.

Regarding the Android plugin on your extension. Is this also planned or is it possible to create an Android app without the plugin following the "standard" unity creation process?

Thanks, Patrick

Hi Nicola, 

Any news about Unity Plugin - 3D Model Geolocation?

Greetings.-

Hi,

We don't have geo location support in our Unity Plugin. Once / if this changes, we'll let you know.

Greetings

Nicola

Some near chance to know date of support "Geo AR" in Unity?

Hello Martin,

We have a new Unity release coming this week but unfortunately this new version does not include Geo Location services yet. I cannot give you an exact timeline when we will add this functionality but should anything change I will let you know.

Thanks

Nooooooo!! We need it... :(  When??
Hello,

We have great news!

Starting with Wikitude SDK 8.6, and thanks to PendAR – augmented reality partner of Wikitude, developers can now use LBAR to create Geo-AR experiences in no time in Unity3D.

You can download the plugin from here.

Login or Signup to post a comment