Start a new topic

Movement from Layar to Wikitude

Movement from Layar to Wikitude

I've developed a successful Layar app (geo and marker based AR) for a somewhat remote historic site. The primary issue is connectivity. My question is- is it possible to wrap the assets that the app calls for (3D models, general web text and images) into iOS and Android apps based on Wikitude? I understand the app would be large, but it would gratly reduce the aggravation of connectivity issues on site. My other concern is that Wikitude seems to offer a more effective system of support (like an actual developer message board). 

Any info/help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi,

Yes our SDK is capable of full offline usage. The best way to start is to check out the sample app which comes with the SDK download package together with the respective documentation section.

Each section includes a set-up guide, which helps you set up your project. And most of the samples have the assets stored offline so this should help you get started

Greetings

Nicola

Thanks! Is it also possible to include geolocated 3D models (rather than marker-based)?

Hi,

Yes you can also use geolocated 3D models. Please check this sample for more details.

Greetings

Nicola

Thanks again! As a follow-up, I'd need to package the following into an app. I'm thinking PhoneGap would work well for making an iOS and Android app at the same time. As stated before, the app would need to work offline.

1. A series of web pages with text and images (accessible through marker or qr code would be great)

2. A series of 8 or so marker-based ar 3D models

3. A geolocated ar 3D model

What specifically would I need to pay for from Wikitude? The Cordova plugin and SDK Lite?

Thanks for your help!

Hi,

As you make use of our image recognition and 3D functionality, you'll need to work with the PRO license (Lite only covers geobased AR features). There is no additional cost for using our Extensions.

Greetings

Nicola
Login or Signup to post a comment