Start a new topic

Can't Recognize More Than 7 Targets

Can't Recognize More Than 7 Targets

I've been trying out the trial version of the Wikitude SDX on my iPad running iOS 8.2, and I've encountered a frustrating limitation.

I have 12 targets that I need my tracker to be able to recognize, so I bundled them all into a WTC file.  However, when I go to create Trackable2DObjects out of them, only the first seven targets I add appear to work.  Here are the contents of my createOverlays method:

this.tracker = new AR.ClientTracker("assets/myTargets.wtc", {
onLoaded: this.worldLoaded
});

for (var i = 1; i <= 12; i++) {
    var img = new AR.ImageResource("assets/ar" + i + ".png");
    var arModel = new AR.ImageDrawable(img, 1, {
        offsetX: 0,
        offsetY: 0
    });

var page = new AR.Trackable2DObject(this.tracker, "marker" + i, {
        drawables: {
            cam: arModel
        }
    });
}

Out of all the targets added in this loop, only 1 through 7 are identified.  When I reversed the order of the loop (going from 12 to 1 instead of 1 to 12), targets 6 through 12 were the only ones recognized, so the problem doesn't appear to be with the individual targets.  I even tried unraveling the loop and creating all of the ImageResources, ImageDrawables, and Trackable2DObjects separately, but it produced the same result.  Does anybody know what might be happening here, and whether there's any way to fix this situation?

Hi Daniel,

Please send over the complete AR experience as a zip file (including the .html file, the asstet folder incl. assets, js files....) so we can test internally. Please send it to forum wikitude.com.

Thx and greetings

Nicola
Login or Signup to post a comment