Start a new topic
Solved

"Trying to find out where you are" iOS Setup Guide

"Trying to find out where you are" iOS Setup Guide

1 person has this problem

Hey everyone, 

I am developing a basic POI app and just finished the getting started turtorial. I run the app with 4_PointOfInterest_4_SelectingPois ARchitect but I dont see any POIs in the app instead when I click the circle button at the bottom of the page I get the error "Trying to find out where you are" 

Any little help would be much appreciate
Hi,

This message is shown when your location can not be fetched as needed. Please make sure that you have the location services on for the sample app.

Greetings
Nicola
Hi Nicola, 

Thanks for you reply, I have location services enable. I can get lon and lat but the app cannot fetch location data to architectworld. I even tried to use injectLocationWithLatitude and setUseInjectedLocationto pass the location to app but still the same. 

To more specifc, how do you enable location service for the wikitude, Do I only need to have location services enabled and ask the user fro Authorization or do I need to call location service thorugh architectView.  
Hi,

The location service has to be authorized by the user (so you can check your phones settings for the app if the location service is enabled to the specific app). For the location handling and the correct set-up please check the set-up guide to make sure have everything set-up correctly. And check the implementation and documentation for the POI samples.

Greetings
Nicola
Hi, 

Location Servie is enabled and Authorized by the user (it works and I can print lon and lat to console). I did all the steps according to the setup guide and double checked it to make I,m not missing anything but I,m still unable to get it working. This is my code. (sorry if it seems a bit messy)
https://github.com/mosn/wikitudedtest

Bests
Mo

updated with correct repository URL
Hi,

The project you shared does not inlcude any Wikitude SDK related implementation or components - make sure to have a complete set-up of your project ( set-up guide). Also have a close look at the sample app to see the structure.

Greetings
Nicola
Nicola,
Sorry, I have added the wrong repository URL, Please check https://github.com/mosn/wikitudedtest for the project detail.

Mo
Hi Nicola,

Were you able to access the correct repository?
I am thinking that I have initialize architectworld with location info but I'm missing this step in my code.

I appreciate if you can help me figure this out.

Mo
I had quick look at your code and it looks like you're using WTFeature_2DTracking - if you use geobased AR you should use WTFeature_Geo.

Greetings
Nicola

That fixed it!, You saved my day. Thanks :) 

BTW I am deploying wikitude in swift, any plans to support  swift in future ? 

i have the same probleme :( even if i use WTFeature_Geo

i have location enabled but still i am seeing the message Trying to find out where you are. if anyone can reply i would be very helpful. 
github repo: https://github.com/askari01/Wikitude-Swift

Hello,

As stated in the previous posts, the message you get saying "Trying to find out where you are" is shown when your location cannot be fetched as needed so the app is still waiting for the location info. Please make sure that you have the location services on for the sample app. In addition, sometimes, when you are testing inside could influence the GPS signals so you can try to test outside initially.

Finally, this could also happen because of specific requirements that your device fail to complete. You could try our sample app with several phones and see if this is happening with other phones as well. The minimum requirements that a device should fulfill are:
1. Compass
2. GPS and/or networking positioning
3. Accelerometer

Thanks
Eva

thank you for the reply, the problem was with the code on github which for no reason works with the sdk, better use the sample code supplied within the sdk.

a working code for ios can be found here: https://github.com/askari01/Lego

thanks

kiva

Login or Signup to post a comment