Start a new topic

Xamarin SDK Example for Android not working

Xamarin SDK Example for Android not working

Hello There,

I am new to Wikitude and have downloaded Wikitude SDK for Xamarin 4.1.2 and tried to run sample project.

iOS version worked just fine but there are an error on Android version and cannot start the sample application.

An error happens at Line 29 of MainActivity.cs when setting ContentView (SetContentView(Resource.Layout.sample_cam);)

Unable to start activity ComponentInfo{com.wikitude.xamarinsamples/md5cf70acd2110bc5116a4cd18f670fdcde.MainActivity}: android.view.InflateException: Binary XML file line #1: Error inflating class com.wikitude.architect.ArchitectView

My Device is Nexus 9 and Android version is 5.0.2. Tried to run on emulator but didn't work either.

Please someone help me if you know how to fix this!

Regards,

Keisuke

Hello,

I tried to launch this sample app on emulator with Android 4.4.2, for this time this error was not happened, but since its emulator, camera was not enabled and could not launch the sample.

So I started to think this issue is something related to Android 5.0. 

Does anynody from Wikitude know if this SDK works on Android 5.0 or above?

Regards,

Keisuke

Hello,

I tried to launch this sample app on emulator with Android 4.4.2 running and it worked fine.

So I am guessing this issue is coming from either Android OS 5.0 or 64 bit architecture.

Would someone from Wikitude please check this issue and fix? 

Regards,

Keisuke 

Hi Keisuke,

please excuse the late reply. You are right, there seems to be a problem with 64bit on Android, I get the same error on the Nexus 9, but it works on the Nexus 5. 

We will look into this.

Best regards,
Simon

Hi Simon,

Thank you for checking! I guess it probably be just matter of how to build SDK on your side because Android native version seems working fine on 64 bit.

Anyways it would be very great if you could let me know if this issue is solved.

Regards,

Keisuke
Login or Signup to post a comment