Start a new topic

Problems with picture and link about file kml import by Google Maps

Problems with picture and link about file kml import by Google Maps

Hi all

I have created a kml file with Google Maps, and I have imported it in a new layer in "Publish in Wikitude" section.

It's all working , but not the visualizing of picture and the correct working of link.

Can you help me to understand the reason of it?

Best wishes

Tommaso Tozzi

Hi Tommaso,

How did you name your world ?

Thanks,

Simone

Dear Simone

the name is Edueda.

best wishes

Tommaso

Dear Simone,

sorry, the correct name of world is:

EduEDA - The EDUcational Encyclopedy of Digital Arts

best wishes

Tommaso Tozzi

Hi Tommaso,

I had a look at the KML for your World. My attention has kept by the following section:

<ExtendedData>

<Data name='gx_media_links'>

<value>....several images link here...</value>

</Data>

</ExtendedData>

Did you manually edit the KML file ? 

Our system would accept only images uploaded through the "Publish Tool" in the Step 4 (check here).

You can obtain even more control converting your world to ARML (specification) or to an external web service (check our Knowledge Base).

Best,

Simone

Dear Simone,

many thanks for your answer, you give me a good solution.

I',ve created the arml file and now it work correctly.

Still two questions, if possible:

1) how much (approssimatively) "Placemark" can I insert in an unique file arml?

2) in the arml file, how much is the maximum characters number that is possible to write inside the "description" section  of a "Placemark"?

Best wishes

Tommaso

Hi Tommaso,

I'm happy to hear that it helped!

> 1) how much (approssimatively) "Placemark" can I insert in an unique file arml?

As many as you want. Even though I recommend to split them in different World (and arml files): it would be easier and faster to maintain them for you.

> 2) in the arml file, how much is the maximum characters number that is possible to write inside the "description" section  of a "Placemark"?

You could save around 1.073.741.823 characters. It should be enough to contain a book ;)

Thanks again for your interest in Wikitude!

Simone

Dear Simone

many thanks for also this your reply.

About the limit of characthers numbers in description section I have taste to insert a long description (about 500 charachters), but the system don't accept to save it: it give me a message of syntax error.

Pheraphs it accept only a limitated type of standard charachter?

Best wishes

Tommaso

Hi Tommaso,

Any special characthers in the description ? Everything UTF-8 should be accepted.

Simone 

Dear Simone,

many thanks.

Pheraphs the problem was something different...

I'll taste another time.

Best wishes and very thanks again

Tommaso

Hai, I'm Pat here...

I really looking for an help on how to create arml file to insert into wikitude world. I'm really new for all this and trying very hard to create this. I also did go through the arml specification(wikitude), still i can't get it. Hope anyone can help me to learn something new. All your helps will be appreciated. Since i'm doing an project, i will makesure to mention all the peoples help me during my presentation indirectly promoting wikitude. 

Thanks again for your time....

Hi Pat,

Can you please clarify which problem you're facing exactly - as the thread is about a picture question about kml files.

Greetings

Nicola

Hai..firstly thanks for the reply and time...actually i used kml file before, but i encounter the images problems where its not display in wikitude app. 

So, i decide to use arml file as one of the member in this thread encounter the same problem and later fixed it by using arml file.

I don't know to create arml file, so would you help me to guide the basic steps...Thank you

Really appreciate it. 

Thanks again.

Hi,

We don't have a specific step-by-step guide for ARML. Best is to check the structure via the specification and check the knowledge base for further infos if needed.

Greetings

Nicola
Login or Signup to post a comment