Start a new topic

Plugin stopped working

Plugin stopped working

Sended again with platforms

Hi Alex,

I received your project, unfortunately it is missing files (platforms is empty). Please resend the project, containing everything to be runnable.

Thank you and best regards,
Simon

Ok, just send it through WeTransfer. Thank you very much and do not hetistate to contact me for further information.

Hi Alex,

I think the problem is that there is a mix between old and new plugin/sample code in your project, although it is strange that is working on one of your devices.

The best way I could help you is if you send me your projects (info@wikitude.com) mentioning this thread or my name, so I can try it myself.  If you don't want to do that, please follow the section "Automatic Setup of sample app" in the link above step by step and use the result as a basis for your app.

Simon

Hey Simon, thanks for the quick response. My problem is the following:

I have a Wikitude app that uses both IR and GEO. It was working properly three weeks ago using the Wikitude Plugin released on 29.07.14. Today I was making some changes and I noticed that the the Geo POI's didn't load. The reason is that World.locationChanged is never fired even my GPS data is working properly. I made sure that NSLocationWhenInUseUsageDescription and NSLocationAlwaysUsageDescription were in the Info.plist so I don't know what is causing this issue. This is only happening in some devices as the ones I mentioned before.

The other problem happened when I tried to update the plugin to the newest version. First I updated the plugin on my project and "Unable to launch AR World in this device" was fired. Then I tried to create a new app and use your new sample app code to see if there was a bug in my code but the same error fired. This is happening in all the devices I could try.

I read again the documentation but I couldn't find anything helpful.

Please let me know if you have any doubts with this problem.

Thank you very much

Hi Alex,

we are looking into your problem. We just recently updated the Phonegap plugin and sample app to use the newest SDK version 4.1.0. 

I'am very sorry but I'am not sure if I understand you correctly. You did update the plugin to the latest version available on GitHub and since then your app isn't working anymore on some devices or did your app just stopped working without changing anything? 

Further you wrote you tried to update the sample app with the new plugin. By that you mean our sample app? If that's the case please follow the guide on how to setup the sample app here: http://www.wikitude.com/developer/documentation/phonegap/ . There were some API changes so not only the plugin but also the sample code changed.

Simon

Good morning,

Since the last plugin update my program stopped working even I didn't update the plugin. The AR.context.onLocationChanged = World.locationChanged; is never fired so the location never updates and the POI's never load. I have this problem both in iPhone 5s and Xiaomi MI3 while is working on Sony Z2. The program was properly working on the same iPhone last month.

I also tried to update the plugin but with the sample apps it says "Unable to launch AR World in this device" on iPhone 5S, Xiaomi MI3, Sony Z2 and Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 2.0.

I don't know what to try but we are running out of time.

Any help would be appreciated.

Login or Signup to post a comment