Start a new topic

Implementing wikitude sdk for xamarin

Implementing wikitude sdk for xamarin

Hi,

I am new to wikitude. I would like to implement the wikitude sdk for xamarin. I followed the steps in tutorial (http://www.wikitude.com/external/doc/documentation/latest/xamarin/setupguidexamarin.html#XamarinEmptyApp) but is not really working out for my. I am stuck at step 4 because when i click add its blanked out so i cant add anything.

If anybody could direct me in the right direction i would really appreciate it.

Greetings,

Grace

Hi Grace,
Right now two possible solution pop into my head. 
- The first one would be using the 'Edit References' menu.
- The second one could be incompatibility between your Xamarin Studio version and the Wikitude Binding project. The Wikitude Binding already uses the Xamarin Unified iOS/OS X API. Maybe your project isn't converted yet so our Binding is rejected. Try to update your iOS project to use the new Xamarin Unified iOS/OS X API.

Best regards

Andreas

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my post. If i try to update my ios project (i followed this tutuorial: https://university.xamarin.com/lightninglectures) i dont get the option to use the migration wizard? (I have the newest version of Xamarin studio. I chose to make an app ios based on unified api -> iphone -> single view application ). If i try to do it via edit references menu the bindings dont show .

For a better understanding of what i am trying to say check out the 2 attachments

So i really am at lost here ....

I really hope that i can figure this out. Thanks in advance for your help

Greetings,

Grace

Hi Grace,
Thx for sending the screen shots, now I understand the problem. You need to add the iOS/Android binding project to your solution. Once that's done you can edit the References and add the binding project (the one in the componenet folder).

Best regards

Andreas

Hi Andreas,

Sorry to ask but is there a tutorial on how to add this bind project to my project. Sorry for the question but i am totally new to xamarin.

Thanks

Grace

Select the pink 'SmarBusTracking' line and click on the gear wheel that appears on that line after you've selected it. From there, select Add/Existing Project and navigate to the binding project that you've donwloaded from GitHub.

Best regards

Andreas

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for the fast reply. I will give it a try 

Greetings,

Grace

IT WORKS !!!!! Your a life saver!!! Thanks very much, now i can finally start with my project

Hi Andreas,

Sorry to have to ask but how do i do step 5 (Add a using Wikitude.Architect; in all files where you need to work with the Wikitude Binding (e.g. in your iOS view controller or Android activity).) from this tutorial -> http://www.wikitude.com/external/doc/documentation/latest/xamarin/setupguidexamarin.html#setup-guide-xamarin-component

Greetings,

Grace

Hi Grace,
Simpy type the text 'using Wikitude.Architect;' at the top of each file that uses the Wikitude AR View class. It's regular C# syntax, so maybe you need to make yourself familiar with C# programming.

Best regards

Andreas
Login or Signup to post a comment