Start a new topic

Unable to determine what the url to load should be

Unable to determine what the url to load should be

Hi wikitude Team,

is there any solution or a fix to load the world from the content-folder?

We have to load ARWorld from the content-folder, because the offline-mode of our app is essential in our case.

Cheers 

Hi,

We're investigating this and plan to release a fix with our next SDK release end of July.

Greetings

Nicola

Hi there,

I am building a phonegap application using the phonegap-wiktude-plugin.

The app enables user to download all the availble ar content to their device (offline mode).

Under iOS I get an error loading that offline content:

var worldUrl = 'file:///var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/<UUID>/Library/NoCloud/content/index.html'; // obtained via fileEntry.toURL() (using org.apache.cordova.file plugin), I also tried toInternalURL() > cdvfile://...

wikitudePlugin.loadArchitectWorld(worldUrl);

wikitudePlugin.worldFailedLaunching() > Unable to determine what the url to load should be: file:///var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/<UUID>/Library/NoCloud/content/index.html

From this related post I learned that the phonegap-wiktude-plugin does not handle cdvfile:// urls and only accepts paths relative to the www-folder!?

The problem is that with iOS8+ the applicationDirectory and the dataDirectory got separated:

www-folder: file:////var/mobile/Containers/Bundle/Application/<UUID1>/SOMENAME.app/www/

vs.

content-folder: file:///var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/<UUID2>/Library/NoCloud/

Please note the different UUIDS, so there is no way to get a a path leading to content-folder relative to the www-folder.

So the only way is an absolute path or rather a local file system url.

But if wikitudePlugin.loadArchitectWorld() does not support these, that would be really disappointing a big show stopper!

So hopefully I am missing something or doing something wrong an you can help me...

Thank you in advance

Login or Signup to post a comment