Start a new topic

Uncaught ReferenceError: AR is not defined at null:1 - even when imported

Uncaught ReferenceError: AR is not defined at null:1 - even when imported

I am running into a problem with wikitude that has prevented me from testing the sdk. I'm making an android application using the wikitude sdk and believe that the image recognition process is not working because of this error:

02-26 10:49:10.934    5340-5340/edu.svreading E/Web Console? Uncaught ReferenceError: AR is not defined at null:1

I've imported the architect.js file in my index.html file like so:

<script src="architect://architect.js"></script>

I've debugged it using ade.js and get no errors except one that deals with the architect.js file not being found which is confusing to me because that file doesn't exist in the project but we're supposed to import it?

But still, no luck. I've been researching the issue for days with no luck. Could someone please point me in the right direction so that I can get this resolved and surge forward with wikitude?

All the best,

Please have a look at the SDK Sample application.

<script src="architect://architect.js"></script>

is a special tag which tells the Wikitude SDK that the current html is making use of its SDK features. You must not load this html with your default WebView in your app but need to use Wikitude"s ArchitectView instead.

The SDK Samples are part of the Wikitude SDK. Please find detailed documentation of its structure in the documentation section of the Wikitude website.

Kind regards,
Andreas

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for getting back to me. I have taken a look at the examples and absolutely none of the examples have Android code in them. It is the linkage of the Android code with the html and js files that I believe the problem I am having stems from. 

Please take a look at the two java files in my project. They are not simple and easy to look through. Can someone spot any errors I am missing? I've also posted the errors I get at run time when I launch my Android project.

Many thanks for your help.

Please import "Examples" (folder in Android SDK zip file) Project in Eclipse. There is quite some Android code in there.
Also have a look at the Manifest file and ensure you also have permissions set accordingly in your custom project.
Login or Signup to post a comment