Start a new topic

Camera angle in relation to target

Camera angle in relation to target

Hi Darren,
We're planning to provide a new API to load Java/ObjC plugins into our SDK. These plugins will be able to access the modelView matrix of a recognized target. This matrix does include all information you're interested in.

We will launch the next version of our SDK probably in July.

Best regards

Andreas

Hi,

I've been experimenting with Wikitude prior to starting an AR project and found a missing feature that would be really useful - obtaining the angle of the camera in relation to the locked on target.

For example, if a user points their phone at an object - say a picture in a magazine - it would be very useful to know the angle to the left/right and above/below the central point of the target. This would enable different experiences based on the direction you are looking at a target.

I found another thread from last year asking for basically the same thing - https://support.wikitude.com/support/search/topics?term=How+to+make+a+video+drawable+rotate+based+on+camera+angle . Here the user wanted to rotate a VideoDrawable to always point at the user, no matter which direction they were looking at the target.

Do you have any idea if / when such data might be available in the SDK? I can use the sensors on the phone to determine movement around a target...but it's that initial reference point that is missing to know the first focus angles from which we could work with.

Thanks,

Darren
Login or Signup to post a comment