Start a new topic

Crash when come back from background (iOS)

Crash when come back from background (iOS)

Hi,

Im using the latest wikitude 4.0 and xcode 6.1.1 to develop the wikitude phonegap application.

Im encountering hang/crash with my iOS app when i load the app from background while still on AR view mode.

So i tried to close the view mode by implementing:

onDeviceResume: function() { app.wikitudePlugin.close();  // Do you code },

It works at first but if i do this step, it hang / crash:

1. Open the application
2. Go to AR view by activating app.wikitudePlugin.loadARchitectWorld from phonegap
3. Click the home button
4. Open the application again and the code above works as expected, it clodes the AR view
5. Go to AR view mode again like in step 2
6. Click home button again
7 But when i open the application again, the view either frezees or the app crashes

May you offer me some advice on how to resolve this issue please?

It works fine with Samsung android phone even without the code above.

Thank you in advance. Wikitude is great app by the way.

-Lidya

Hi Lidya,
Do you use the lastest PhoneGap plugin which is available on GitHub? We've added some extra code in the WTARViewController to handle PhoneGap pause/resume issues correctly.

Best regards

Andreas

Hello Andreas,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

So, 2 days ago, i upgraded everything (from GitHub) so now its running on 4.02 and xcode 6. I tested on iOS7 & iOS 8 and android and they work so wonderfully!

For this 4.02 version, can i actually run it on iOS 6? because everytime i open the view mode it crashes.

Thanks again for your assistance.

-Lidya

Hi Lidya,
I just downloaded our sample application from GitHub and installed it on a iPad running iOS 6 and it worked. Can you send me a video showing what happens and a picture of the stack trace?

THX

Andreas

Hi Andreas,

Thanks a again for your assistance. Im testing the plugin samples from github on iphone IOS 6.0, and when i lauched it from xcode 6 to the iphone, at first it loaded the application, then i chose one of the option there, after that here is the message i got:

2014-12-22 09:07:52.126 Plugin Samples Resetting plugins due to page load.
2014-12-22 09:07:53.301 Plugin Samples Finished load of: file:///var/mobile/Applications/097CF90C-4276-4640-B292-8491DEE5ADF3/Plugin%20Samples.app/www/index.html
2014-12-22 09:08:02.571 Plugin Samples THREAD WARNING: took '178.314941' ms. Plugin should use a background thread.
Wikitude SDK: ServiceManager: platform part of service (sensors) failed to start: Sensor service could not be started because the device is not AR enabled. Check +
Wikitude SDK: Failed to start service sensors
(lldb)

---

And then it just hungs with the wikitude logo forever presented on the screen, it doesnt go into the AR view mode.

I then exit the application. If i click again on the installed app on iphone, and click one of the AR sample option, it just shut off.

Thanks again Andreas. Hear from you soon.

Lidya

Hi Lidya,
Which iOS device do you use?

You can also skip the isDeviceSupported function call since it's not mandatory for the SDK to work.

Best regards

Andreas

Dear Andreas,

I have same issue also, I am trying to ignore the isDeviceSupported, but the screen is hang in Wikitude Logo page.

Wikitude SDK: ServiceManager: platform part of service (sensors) failed to start: Sensor service could not be started because the device is not AR enabled. Check +
Wikitude SDK: Failed to start service sensors
(lldb)

I am using iPhone 4 with iOS 6.1.3

Please advise.

Hello Andreas,

Is there any resolution for this? or 4.02 wikitude version doesnt support iOS 6 at all?

Thanks.

Lidya

Hi Lidya,

Did you tried to skip the isDeviceSupported function call since it's not mandatory for the SDK to work? Maybe you need to set the _isDeviceSupported variable in WikitudePlugin.js to true.

In general the Wikitude SDK does support iOS 6. 

Best regards

Andreas
Login or Signup to post a comment