Start a new topic

More featured Sound player

More featured Sound player

Hi , I'm trying to place a sound element in my project but all I could find and do is to just place a simple button which plays, pause and resume the sound.

I was looking for a more featured sound capability like a simple soundcloud player which users can scroll to where they want to play the sound.

I'll appreciate if you can help me with this.

Thanks very much

Hi Joee,

The Wikitude SDK does not come with a sound player UI, so you either need to include external JavaScript libraries for a Sound player, or create the UI yourself and hook it up with the Wikitude Sound API according to your needs.

Best,

Martin

Thanks Martin,

I just need some features to be able to develop my own UI but as I checked the documents Sound class only gives us the state of play , pause , resume and these things and I couldn't find any methods to find for example the time of the sound playing to be able to design a UI for it.

Thanks very much

Hi Joee,

Understood. Unfortunately, we do not provide any additional information about the sound file, since this is not our core focus. You can also try using the HTML5 sound api in the Wikitude web view, together with the Wikitude SDK, to achieve what you need.

Best,

Martin

Could you please give a bit detailed procedure of  using HTML5 sound api in the Wikitude web view?

Hello Mariah,
you can make use of any HTML5 features as long as the device browser/webview supports it.
Since we cannot be sure about the webview support on each device we provide a Sound object in our SDK for this purpose. You can find all about it in our SDK reference.
I hope that helps,
Christian

Hi Christian,

Thank you so much. Yeah sure that'll help me a lot.

Best,
Mariah.
Login or Signup to post a comment