Start a new topic

View Layar geo Layer in Wikitude

View Layar geo Layer in Wikitude

Hi,

Regardinf this info about Wikitude interoperability: http://www.wikitude.com/wikitude-ar-interoperability-going-live/

As I understand, wikitude users should be able of loading Layar layers in wikitude app, did I get it right? All I need is the layer's interoperability url given by layar.

So, given that url, how could I load its POIs in Wkikitude app? I've tried via developers's 'Lanuch via url', but the app won't show any POI.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Francisco,

All you need to do is open the ar://... link you got in a regular webbrowser on your mobile phone (put it on a webpage, open the webpage and click on the link). The phone will ask you what browser you want to use to open the content with (if you have multiple AR Browsers installed). After that, the content will appear in your browser of choice.

Best,

Martin

Hi Martin, thank you very much for your answer.

I was trying to open it directly via webbrowser's url bar, so it wasn't working. Doing as you say (more or less, I actually scan the qr code given by layar), the phone finally brings up the AR client selection interface (I have installed Junaio, Layar and WIkitude).

The problem now is that if I select Wikitude, it will raise a connection error after the "trying to find out where you are" message. I've tried in a coworker's mobile phone and get the same error. We both have a working internet connection (checked), and the GPS active. The layer opens up correctly in Layar. Here is the Layar interoperability page for that Layer, if it helps:

https://www.layar.com/layers/castillos

Could there be something wrong with the Layer that is preventing wikitude from opening it?

Thanks.

Hi Francisco,

There seems to be a problem with the content that we get from the Layar backend. Also the other AR browsers raise the same error. Unfortunately, we can't help you out here.

Please connect with Layar staff directly to get support, thanks!

Best,

Martin

Hi Martin,

Ok, I'll post in the Layar forum to see if we can  figure out what's the problem.

Thank you very much and congratulations on this interoperability experience, it really is an awesome feature.

Regards.
Login or Signup to post a comment