Start a new topic

Wikitude SDK 4.0 not working on iPod Touch

Wikitude SDK 4.0 not working on iPod Touch

I've downloaded the sdk/example project have it running on a 5th generation iPod Touch.

However all examples fail due to error:

(line 81) | This device is not capable of running ARchitect Worlds. Requirements are: iOS 6 or higher, iPhone 3GS or higher, iPad 2 or higher. Note: iPod Touch 4th and 5th generation are only supported in WTAugmentedRealityMode_IR.

The last demo titled: '99_Demo_3_SolarSystem(ImageRecognition)' I would expect to work on the iPod, however it is the same error.

Please can someone advise.

Best Regards,

Ryan

Hi Ryan,
The last demo section uses WTAugmentedRealityMode_Both. You could edit the AugmentedRealityModesList.plist file to use IR only but then only IR demos would work.
do you have problems lauching any of the first 'Image Recognition' section demos? 

Best regards

Andreas

Hi Andreas,

I forgot to mention that none of the demos work. I have even edited the project to force each 'WTARViewController' to initialize in 'IR' mode which still fails.

I have narrowed the fault down to line: 

which always returns false. At this point I am unable to investigate this further as I believe this to be a fault within the SDK.

Best Regards,

Ryan

Hi,
Since I don't have a iPod 5th generation in the office, you can try and comment the isDeviceSupported if statement out. Worst case would be a crash because the application tries to access device functionality that is not given. Just make sure that you're using the '-initWithFrame: motionManager: augmentedRealityMode' initializer like the following:

self.architectView =

isDeviceSupported is just a hint. If you don't use it, the SDK still tries to load everything it can.

Best regards

Andreas

Thanks.

Works a treat!

That's good news!

I will have a look at the code behind these methods to figure out what's missing.
Login or Signup to post a comment