Start a new topic

Studio files as a start for iOS app?

Studio files as a start for iOS app?

Hi there,

Sorry in advance for what I hope is a really dumb question!

I am very new to Wikitude, and xCode for that matter - I've put together a quick sample app using the Wikitude Studio, and can get that up and running on my iPad, no problems, after netering the license key etc.

I'm trying to add a navigation controller page before it, and am not having any luck at all, using the Storyboards in xcode, with a vanilla viewController as a starting point. 

What is the best way to use the files generated by Studio as a starting point, then building a start page etc in fron of them?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Nick

Hi Nick,
The project generated by Wikitude Studio is a standard iOS template project. So any reference/tutorial you'll find on the internet is somehow applicable for the Wikitude Studio Xcode project.

However, adding a navigation controller is as simple as dragging a new navigation controller from the Object Library into your Storyboard, dragging an additional view controller and setting it as the root view controller and then connect the already given WTViewControlller as the 'next' view controller.

Please refer to some tutorials on the internet on how to use Storyboards in Xcode if you need more detailed information on how to develop iOS applications.

Best regards

Andreas

Hi Andreas,

thanks for your post.

I've tried adding in a new root view controller as you suggested, but keep getting the following errors when I build:

libc++abi.dylib: terminating with uncaught exception of type NSException

(lldb) 

I'm really sorry if this is a simple oversight, but I'm pretty sure I'v done everything right.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Nick

Hi Nick,
I guess you need to adopt WTAppDelegate. Since the application now has a new root view controller, the existing code does not work anymore. You need to make sure that the Wikitude SDK is stopped when the application goes into background and the WikitudeView is currently presented.

I made a very short & simple video what you need to do. It only shows you what you need to change but does not handle the previously mentioned active/inactive state changes properly. Please refer to some iOS tutorials how to do react on those changes (Using e.g. Notifications in WTViewControlelr) and pause/resume the Wikitude SDK accordingly.

Best regards

Andreas

Wow! Andreas, thanks so much for that, and for being patient with such a noob!

I'll let you know how I get on!

Cheers,

Nick
Login or Signup to post a comment