Start a new topic

SnapToScreen help

SnapToScreen help

hi, 

i want to draw 2d image after image recognized i found SnapToScreen.enabled and SnapToScreen.SnapContainer but i am not sure how to use this. My problem right now is 2d plane(2d image) in 3d AR_view is tilted/rotated based on image recognition . I always want my 2d plane(image) look straight . Can you please suggest me a way to acheive this. 

thanks

Hi,
We have added two samples to our SDK Example application that demonstrate the usage of the new snap to screen feature. The 'Snapping Video' sample is really simple and you should be able to understand how to use the snapToScreen.snapContainer and the snapToScreen.enabled perperties.

The second sample is a little bit more advanced but still not that complicated.

You can also read through the JavaScript API documentation that covers all snap to screen properties in the Trackable2DObject section.

Please also check out the SDK Example application documentation for both demos 'Snapping Video' and 'Snap to Screen' that you can find within the SDK package or on our website.

If you still have any questions after reading through the sample code and the documentation, please feel free to ask specific questions about your problem in this thread.

Best regards

Andreas

Hi,

I am using Wikitude sdk version 3.3.1 (Wikitude PhoneGap Plugin). This snapToScreen will on work in this version ? . Is there anyway to make the 2d Plane look always towards the user after image being recognized . My App in last of development and testing is going on so i need to fix this as soon as possible and i don't really want to change/update the sdk if it not mandatory .Suggest me on this issue.

thank you

Hi, 

I have seen the examples you pointed out . SnapToScreen is not looking like what i want to acheive after image recognized . i wanted to make Augmented image always look towards the user while tracking . Is there a way to acheive this ? .Something like getting a direction vector of the 2d plane(image)  then rotate it towards user (like used in 3D programming) .Please suggest me.

thank you

Snap to screen is only available in our SDK 4.0.

I'm not quite sure what you want to achive. 
When using image recognition, the augmentation will always be placed on the image target. You can then rotate the augmentations in all three axis using the JS Drawable API.
You are not able to get a direction vector of the current augmentation.

Best regards

Andreas
Login or Signup to post a comment