Start a new topic

[Q] Can't get Epson Moverio to work with WikitudeExamples app

[Q] Can't get Epson Moverio to work with WikitudeExamples app

I managed to compile the WikitudeExamples app with Eclipse/ADT and the app ends up on the Moverio.

Now I try to run the solar system (IR) demo. I have printed the solar system tracker image on A4 but when I look at it with the Moverio BT-200 nothing happens.

Any help to get a newbie started?

Hi,

do the other samples work well - like the basic image recognition sample?  

Philipp, thank you for your reply.

I see now that it does work, also the basic image recognition. However, in my Moverio BT-200 the virtual content is not at all aligned: it appears too far to the left of the printed target images.

Any idea why this may be?

Hi Johan,

that is correct - the next update of the SDK (due in about 2 weeks) will fix that calibration issue. The initial calibration was done on prototype Epson devices - the hardware of the final retail version slightly changed. 

Hi,

I'm happy to announce that the new Wikitude SDK for Epson Moverio is now online for you to download.

We're keen to get your feedback!

Best,

Martin

I am surprised how you can claim on your website: "The Wikitude SDK supports the see-through and 3D Mode of the Epson Moverio BT-200, allowing for immersive augmented reality experiences. The Wikitude image recognition engine has been specifically calibrated to work with this unique device."

I think that is downright misleading.

Philipp Nagele : "...the next update of the SDK (due in about 2 weeks) will fix that calibration issue. The initial calibration was done on prototype Epson devices - the hardware of the final retail version slightly changed. "

Hi Phillip,

The problem seems to persist (WikitudeSDK_epson_4_0_3). The virtual content still shifted too far left in relation to the background. I have compared the example app on the BT-200 and on a tablet - or more precisely the example "1.2 Multiple Targets".

I have read by other AR SDK vendors that by the BT-200 production camera and eye-displays were placed partially different. So there are for example external apps for ?individual? calibrating of the devices.

We think about using wikitude in our project, but this problem is too serious for our use case. Are there any improvements to be expected on your part?

Thanks, Rossen

I still cannot get any tracking with the BT-200's, though the SDK Samples appear to compile and install correctly. (tried today with the new SDK).

I print the surfer image, place it on a wall with good even light and try looking at 1m, 2m, 3m from the image. I cannot get any augmentation (image or 3d). Just the black screen and android status/menu bars.

Wikitude : please can you confirm which version of the BT-200 firmware you have tested with?

Thanks, Nigel Burton

I got the same problem,  the only demo working is the Solar System using geo, anything related to IR not working,

I can see the camera turned on, just nothing else happen.

Hi,

We're still in the final QA phase for the Epson SDK update. Once it's lauched we'll notify you.

Please stay tuned.

Greetings

Nicola
Login or Signup to post a comment