Start a new topic

I'm newbie in Wikitude and Android

I'm newbie in Wikitude and Android

Hello 

I am a newbie at android, and interesting to build augmented reality browser with wikitude.

I've try all the samples, and i'm really exciting with "Displaying Native Detail Screen" and when i read in the forum it say to reusing the Wikitude SDK-Sample application.

And i got much information about html and javascript code from documentation, but i still confuse to implement it with android.

is there any way to build for just one specific sample, because when i take a look android code from sample folder, it's really complicated and not as simple as from section setup guide android.

Please help me, thank you

Hi there!

Although I can't give you an advanced Starter-Guide for Android, I will try to describe the required steps so you can play around with one Sample in your SDK Sample Android project:

1) Have a look at the AndroidManifest.xml and change the definition of the Launcher-Activity by replacing MainActivity with e.g. SampleCamHandlePoiDetailActivity

<activity

android:name="com.wikitude.samples.SampleCamHandlePoiDetailActivity"

android:label="@string/app_name" >

<intent-filter>

<action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" />

<!--  -->

<category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER" />

</intent-filter>

</activity>

2) Delete the activity entry <activity android:name="com.wikitude.samples.SampleCamHandlePoiDetailActivity" android:configChanges="orientation|keyboardHidden|screenSize"/> in AndroidManifest.xml

3) now SampleCamHandlePoiDetailActivity will launch automatically but the WorldPath, which was originally set via intentExtras needs to be set manually by overwriting the following functions in SampleCamHandlePoiDetailActivity:

@Override

public String getARchitectWorldPath() {

return "samples/5_Browsing$Pois_5_Native$Detail$Screen/index.html";
// you may even enter a url to e.g. your public dropbox to avoid reinstalling app during test-phase

}

@Override

public String getActivityTitle() {

return "My Test World";

}

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Andreas

PS.: Note that the used license key only works within the sample application. Once you change the package-identifier for publishing the app you will see a watermarking. Check our website for details.

Hello Anata,

You can try the steps described in detailed in the forum post above. As another alternative, you can refer to our documentation page here and try to develop your app based on the examples provided there. As we offer all our products and features as free trial you can also try them out to see how difficult it may be for you to develop your own app.Finally, if you are not that familiar with coding you can also try and create your project using our Wikitude Studio tool.

I hope this will help you getting started.
Login or Signup to post a comment