Start a new topic

Examples POI don't make sense, stay relative to me all the time

Examples POI don't make sense, stay relative to me all the time

Thanks very much for your support. I'll try.

Thanks very much for your support. I'll try your suggestion.

I have run the example app that comes with the SDK, compiled it, etc.

When I try it out on my phone, and go to any of the POI examples, it gets my geolocation, or seems to, and plots POI's randomly near me (as expected).

However, when I walk around, they stay fixed relative to me. I can never "catch" them and explore the area. So, one might stay, say, 5m away at one oclock no matter how much I move around or how long I wait.

I want to make something very similar to the examples, although with my own absolute geolocations, like a building. Is there any tutorial or example that explains how to do this? I have been looking everywhere and can't seem to find anything on wikitude except for relative locations.

Thanks for any help!

As you mentioned relative locations I start with them. AR.RelativeLocation are created relative to another location or to the current user's location. Passing null as the first argument makes them relative to the user and they will always preserve their fixed distance to the user.

On the other hand AR.GeoLocations define a location using latitude, longitude and optionally altitude. These will stay fixed at their physical location and the user is able to move towards them when changing location.

Additionally you can pass a AR.GeoLocation when creating a AR.RelativeLocation which will make the resulting location relative to the geolocation.

For seeing a visual difference, make sure to have a good location accuracy which almost always means having a good gps reception. Otherwise the location might be determined by Wifi and won't change if you move just a short distance.

Hi Andreas, 

I switched to Google API Services to retrive the location. In attachment you can find my Java code and some screenshots.

Sadly the performance didn't improve as you can see in the screenshots. Where is my mistake? How can I increase the precision?

Can I compensate someway the position of the car?

Thanks

Hi, I have the same issue. In my application the model doesn't remain fixed very well in the geo position.

The accuracy returned by the function: locationChanged: function locationChangedFn(lat, lon, alt, acc) is 3.

In my application I show the number of satellite in use and the distance covered by the user.

It seems that the distance is exactly the half of the real distance, the number of satellites in use are about 10.

I'm using relative location:

World.location = new AR.RelativeLocation(World.modelLocation, World.lastNorthDelta, World.lastEastDelta, World.lastAltitudeDelta);

World.worldObj = new AR.GeoObject(World.location, {

drawables: {

cam: ,

indicator:

}/*,

onClick: function() {

AR.logger.info("Model clicked");

}*/

});

Can you give me any suggestions about? 

Thanks.

Hi again!
Result looks already way better than in the "GPS only" approach I must say.
Positioning accuracy is an issue though. Keep in mind that usually "map matching" is used to increase the accuracy when e.g. driving with your car. All of this is kinda opted out when using in pedestrian mode and walk in a private area.
I am sorry, but there is nothing you can do to increase perfomance, but you may manually "flatten" positioning signals to e.g. avoid jumps of >2meters within 2 seconds (by knowing that your users won't run around the scene but usually make small steps...)

Best regards,
Andreas

Hi there!

Not sure if I get you correctly but please try using relative location with "null" as first parameter to test behaviour relative to user's current location.

If you then feel that proportions are invalid please provide a small sample application and attach screen-shot and html/js code so we can test internally.

Best regards

Thanks for your quick replay. In my case if I move of about 10 meters the car moves about of 5 meters, to avoid this, is there a way to double the movement of the user to try to fix the position of the car? Hope I've exlained well what I would to do.

Hi there!

Using AR.GeoLocation is fine. Du to the vertical GPS inaccuracy I recommend you to set a fixed altitude in native code or use AR.CONST.UNKNOWN_ALTITUDE

to ensure that the 3D model is always at fixed altitude and does not fly in the sky.

Also note that GPS may be quite inaccurate. Check out Google Location Services to ensure you get the best possible user position instead of relying on GPS only.

Best regards

You may define any wrapper for the location-service - It is up to you which lat/lon/alt values you pass over to the architectView.
Login or Signup to post a comment