Start a new topic

Wikitude 3D Encoder crashes, any command line version ?

Wikitude 3D Encoder crashes, any command line version ?

Hi, 

I have downloaded SDK 3_3_0, installed the Wikitude 3D Encoder but I can not run it. See photo (Windows 7 32bit). I tested also SDK 3_2_1 and it was not working also.

Is there any command line version of wikitude 3D encoder. I do not need the GUI, just the command (jar or python would be nice) to generate the wt3 file from an obj file. The obj does not need any rotation or any type of transformation. What is the process to generate the wt3 from scratch ?

Thanks,

jimver 

Unfortunately I cannot reproduce this behaviour. Could you check if it works if you add the Wikitude3dEncoder to the exeptions of Data Execution Prevention?

- right click on my computer

- go to properties

- click on advanced system settings

- under performance, click settings

- click the Data Execution Prevention tab, and then click Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select.

- click Add, browse to the executable file for the program and add it.

Please let me know if it worked for you.

Thank you,

Christian

Just for your information: 
The Wikitude3dEncoder is an encoder and a viewer, not a 3d editor. So you can preview how the model looks on the device and check if you get any warnings/errors with the encoding. Furthermore the application does not support obj-files. It supports fbx and dae files.

Hi Christian,

I followed your steps and i get the msg:

The program must run with data execution protection (DEP) enabled. You can not turn off DEP for this program.

I did it for each: Wikitude3DEncoder.exe, converter.exe, encoder.exe

I guess the problem might be some conflict between drivers - codecs ...

There should be some error report to know what is wrong.

No luck,

Dimitrios

Could you send me more detailed information about your hardware and drivers? Thank you
Login or Signup to post a comment