Start a new topic

"device not supported" on Samsung Tablet Tab3 Lite (SM-T110)

"device not supported" on Samsung Tablet Tab3 Lite (SM-T110)

"device not supported" on Samsung Tablet Tab3 Lite (SM-T110). Android 4.2.2

Same APK we created, it is working on others devices and tablets.

However, we installed and tested your SDK example APK, it works.

Any ideas?

Hi, I've read the specification of this device, and I see it lacks a magnetometer.

Are you testing with the latest SDK release? We recently added preliminary support for devices without geo-IR support, so it should work if you disable sensors and only work with image recognition.

If it still doesn't work as expected, please send a log from the device and we will investigate further into this issue.

Thanks. It works with latest SDK.

I've got the same problem with this device: http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_tab_3_8_0-5456.php

Is it about the lacks of gyro?

Thanks

Hi.

Gyroscope is not officially supported yet, and I don't have much information about this particular device. Are you using the WiFi only model, or the 3G/4G?

For Geo-AR support we need the following sensors: accelerometer, GPS or other location service, and magnetometer. Do you know if your device has a magnetometer?

I guess it's the 3g/4g model (i haven't in my hands, i just received a notification about the error from a customer of us).

It should have the magnetometer ( http://www.vps.com.au/computers-and-servers/tablets-and-tablet-pcs/samsung-galaxy-tab-3-sm-t310-16-gb-tablet-20.3-cm-8-exynos-1.50-ghz-pearl-white-android-4.2.2-jelly-bean-slate-1280-x-800-bluetooth.html ).

Could i debug in some other way why it says "device not supported"?

Thanks

Hi

You could check which AR mode is supported on a device by calling ArchitectView::getSupportedARModeForDevice(Context) from your android code.

The result of this method is a bitmask with the supported AR modes:

public static interface ARMode {
    public static final int IR = 0x01;
    public static final int GEO = 0x02;
}

What this method does:

- check that the device is running at least Android 2.3 and supports OpenGL 2.0
- check that the device has a rear camera
- check if a location provider is available
- check if the device has a sensor of type Sensor.TYPE_MAGNETIC_FIELD
- check if the CPU supports NEON extensions (for image recognition)
Login or Signup to post a comment