Start a new topic

HTML Widget

HTML Widget

I would like to add a HTML5 game to a Wikitude target image. The idea is to make a simple HTML5 game generated with Construct 2.

I tried to open an example project with a HTML widget but the mouse/touch events doesn't work in Wikitude on my Android device. I use an iframe to load attached example "game".

When I open the html page without Wikitude everything works fine. Can someone advice me how I can forward touch events to this iframe?

Currently only click events are supported with HtmlDrawables. Unfortunately this means you will need to load the game directly in the architectview.

I am also facing similar issue. 

on HTML Widgets, touch events are not happening?

@Wikitude team: found any solution for this?

Thanks for your response. Can you explain more in detail how I can do that? 

I tried the code below without success. 

<html>

<canvas id="c2canvas" width="400" height="500"> </canvas>

<script src="http://192.168.1.171/game1/jquery-2.0.0.min.js"></script>

<script src="http://192.168.1.171/game1/c2runtime.js"></script>

<script>

// Start the Construct 2 project running on window load.

jQuery(document).ready(function ()

{

// Create new runtime using the c2canvas

cr_createRuntime("c2canvas");

});

</script>

</html>

What errors do you see? Is it working in the phones browser? Have you tried debugging it with the ondevice debugging (iOS 6/7 or Android 4.4). A descritpion on how to do that is included in our SDK Documentation.

Hi Jan Dijk,

I am using also Construct 2. However, when I load my index.html as htmldrawable, only black background appears. Any ideas about referencing or path finding? Thanks!

Any news about supporting touch event within HTMLDrawables ?

Hello Amaury,

We currently don?t plan any feature updates regarding the HTMLDrawable in the near future. In addition, I would strongly recommend to use other types of augmentations, as the HTMLDrawables might behave differently on different devices - so there is no guarantee that the augmentation is looking or behaving the same on different devices.

Thanks
Login or Signup to post a comment