Start a new topic

Create a simple iOS application

Create a simple iOS application

Hi,

I created a small application of image recognition on Android, inspired by the examples.

Now I'd like to develop for iOS.

My question: How to create a simple iOS application that directly launch image tracking ? Thus, I could retrieve the Javascript code creates for Android application.

The examples work well, but I would not have to use a menu list.

Thank you very much.

Vincent

Hi Vincent,

You can create a new 'Single View Application' project from the Xcode project template browser and simply take over the relevant code snippets from WTStandardARViewController to create a WTArchitectView object and load the ARchitect World that you have created.

Best regards

Andreas

Hi Andreas,

I am just starting on the iOS SDK. I tried to follow your instruction of the SingleViewApp. I copied code from WTStandardARViewController as suggested by you. But I am gettting the below error when I try to run the app and it crashes:

*** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInternalInconsistencyException', reason: 'Unexpected: The view changed out from under the guide constraint'

Can you guide me on what else needs to be done? Is there a step-by-step guide on how to create the first app? The tutorial is not entirely clear.

Thx

K. Ramesh

Hi Andreas,

I overcame the above exception by removing the code I had copied from WTStandardARViewController from the initWithNibName method. Instead, I added the code from the iOS Setup Guide to the viewDidLoad method. With this approach I am at least able to see the camera view. Is this the correct approach? Why did the code from WTStandardARViewController not work as suggested by you? Can you please clarify?

Thx

K. Ramesh

From the exception you mentioned before it could be that you have tried to run a app which uses Autolayout on a device running iOS where Autolayout is not available, so the app crashed. 

Best regards

Andreas
Login or Signup to post a comment