Start a new topic

Setting cutoff_max

Setting cutoff_max

Hi,

i somehow got to your 2.0 version of the documentation.

I´ve now found the 3.2 documentation and this makes things clear now.

Thanks for your patience.

Thomas

Hi,

so then the AR.context 'scene.minScalingDistance', 'scene.maxScalingDistance' and 'scene.scalingFactor' are doing what you want. Please read through the documentatio about SDU's and how they are used in the Wikitude SDK to define the drawable size on screen.

Best regards

Andreas

Hi,

i think my formulation was not describing the problem clear enough.

I do not want to set the distance at which objects are visible at the scene as cullingDistance does that.

Does the cullingDistance property change the cutoff_max property internally?

I want to alter the scaling behaviour of the callouts.

In my understanding the callouts size is scaled between the cutoff_min (10 meters) and the cutoff_max (20 km) range.

The POIs we are displaying only apprar in a range of about 300 m. I hoped i could set the cutoff_max value to 300 meters to get a sharper size representation of the POIs callouts in relation to the distance of the user. -> Near callouts should be big and callouts far away should be small. 

I hope i got that right.

Thanks in advance,

Thomas

Hi,

You can set those values using the AR.context.scene.cullingDistance. The ARchitect JS Reference describes it in detail. There is also a example named 'Limiting Range' which demonstrates the usage.

Best regards

Andreas

Hi,

i want to set the cutoff_max value to 300 meters. 

Perhaps i oversaw it, but i can´t find any documentation describing how to set this value.

Could you provide a code sample describing where and how to set the value?

Thanks in advance,

Thomas
Login or Signup to post a comment