Start a new topic

App crashes when backgrounded

App crashes when backgrounded

I am getting this error when the app moves to background: libGPUSupportMercury.dylib`gpus_ReturnNotPermittedKillClient:

This occurs almost every time the app is goes to background in iPhone 4S (iOS 6.0). But no such issues in iPhone 5 (have not checked on iPhone 4). I know that its got to do with Open GL operations not being stopped. I am stopping the ARchitect view before moving to background. But its weird that its not an issue in iPhone 5. (EDIT: Since updating to version 3.2 of Wikitude SDK, its happening in all devices).

I am also getting crashes with following titles in iPhone 5 intermittently

SIGSEGV -

SIGSEGV -

Updated to version 3.2, and now getting more frequent crashes on moving to background on all devices: 

* thread #63: tid = 0x4519c, 0x00249710 <App-name>`Core3D::BillboardManager::draw(PVRTMat4 const&, bool, float) + 148, queue = 'com.wikitude.architect.renderqueue, stop reason = EXC_BAD_ACCESS (code=1, address=0xd1b99620)

there are other similar crashes too.

Hi,

do you stop the SDK in -viewWillDisappear:, -viewDidDisappear:, -applicationWillResignActive: or -applicationDidEnterBackground?

Best regards

Andreas

Yes, this is being done. But its not helping matters. The crash sometimes occurs when the stop method is called and sometimes when the start is attempted on app resume. At times, the app doesn't crash, but the AR view looks stuck, or sometimes has a black background.

Hi,

Are you calling stop in -will... or -did...? Some users expected only issues when they stop in -viewDidDisappear or -applicationDidEnterBackground.

Nevertheless we're currently investigating similar reports and will release a update in the near future.

Best regards

Andreas
Login or Signup to post a comment